seats
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marty

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  04:31:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am having trouble keeping one pre-school student in a seat. tried seat belts, and 2 different harness'. i am looking for ideas to keep this student safe. does anyone had the same problem and solved it without having an aide seated the whole time with the child?

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2005 :  09:28:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope I am not being rude by asking if this student has some sort of disability or something of that nature? I know a driver who has a student who is mentally disabled and needs extra restraining because she will run away if you don't.
Go to Top of Page

marty

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  04:34:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep,she has issues, and so does the mom, and i have to keep her in the seat and make the mom happy. the only solution so far has been the vest that hooks to the seat and make it 'real tight' but that made the mother unhappy. so i am still looking,

marty
Go to Top of Page

DanLJ
Advanced Member

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2005 :  08:55:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marty - sounds like it's time to bring this issue forward to the school administration as a safety issue.

It sounds as if you have tried to manage the child and satisfy the parent - neither of which is working very well.
Go to Top of Page

Salaskie
Advanced Member

USA
453 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  2:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Salaskie an AOL message  Send Salaskie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
As the student is a pre-schooler, how about a car seat? Or booster seat?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000