Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 62

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  5:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The 03s and 04s were my favorite, but I really like the engines on the new buses!

My favorite part about the 03s is the seating, there is so much legroom because they are 72 pax buses, but they are the same length as the 78 pax buses, and the seats are the Child seats so they are larger and more comfortable, they are nice

bus 1980, a 2008 IC RE 300 for Fairfax County Public Schools, Fairfax, Virginia.
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  5:31:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
921 serves my school. The lady that drives it lives right behind me.
Go to Top of Page

Lena

United States
120 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  5:36:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will definitely call her this weekend, unless we miss school because of bad weather tomorrow or Friday and then I will call her...

I can describe her a little, if that will help in the mean time....she's very petite, short and little, thin and small....used to love being very tanned...has a nice country accent.

Most smiles are started by another smile...
Go to Top of Page

Lena

United States
120 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  6:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, y'all, I called her and Bus Freak you were right she did used to drive 1392 but the only other correct part is she is now driving 1679...out of Madison and Thomas Jefferson

Mystery solved, I gave her a heads up in case y'all talk to her...she doesn't do the computer thing!! lol

Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  6:25:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
YEAH!! I see that bus all of the time! I knew it!

I am at Oakton just down the street from Madison, our buses cross paths all of the time.

Hey guys that means she also drives with 928, the former driver of 1396

bus 1980, a 2008 IC RE 300 for Fairfax County Public Schools, Fairfax, Virginia.

Edited by - IC-RE on 01/31/2007 6:26:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lena

United States
120 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  6:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea well you should have heard me trying to explain to her why I was asking all these bus questions out of the blue and then me telling her about you being a senior in HS and all that, that's a tough one to explain!!

Edited by - Lena on 01/31/2007 6:29:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  6:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haha

here is a picture of bus 1680 that I took and submitted to a website, this is a sister bus to hers, its the exact same http://schoolbuscentral.com/gallery/updates/mar06/ic/2_04re_va.htm

Go to Top of Page

Lena

United States
120 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  6:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
by the way, congrats to Chesapeake!! That is a very nice town, which has grown quite a bit over the years...we always passed through it going to my sister's in Elizabeth City...

Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  6:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here is a picture of her old bus, 1392, which is now a spare
Looks like it could have been in an accident or something, notice the bottom of the front of the buses is newer than the rest.

Edited by - IC-RE on 01/31/2007 6:49:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  7:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lena

ok, y'all, I called her and Bus Freak you were right she did used to drive 1392 but the only other correct part is she is now driving 1679...out of Madison and Thomas Jefferson

Mystery solved, I gave her a heads up in case y'all talk to her...she doesn't do the computer thing!! lol

The Thomas Jefferson part means she does a "hi-tech" run, as we call them (TJHSST students come from all over the County). I'm a hi-tech driver too! Next time I see her, I'll wave. Oh wait...I wave at all buses anyway! LOL
Go to Top of Page

Lena

United States
120 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  07:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have kindergarteners always asking me "how come we always wave" to each other....I always answer that we are a team and family!!!

Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  08:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have kindergarteners always asking me "how come we always wave" to each other....I always answer that we are a team and family!!!

LOL

I feel like a fool when I wave at a school bus while I'm in my car! After all...I've been waving all day, I just forget....
Go to Top of Page

Lena

United States
120 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  3:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahhahahha....I do the same thing when in my car...and then sometimes I don't wave and then later that driver will ask me why I was being stuck up!! better off waving!! lol

Go to Top of Page

Lena

United States
120 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  3:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IC-RE....wow....you actually came up with a picture of Jackie's old bus, that's impressive!!

Go to Top of Page

Lena

United States
120 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  3:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have y'all heard about the 8year-old child who was rather abusive on the bus today and then was abusive to the police? It was in Maryland. I looked at NBC's website, but couldn't find it, I guess it was just breaking....

Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  4:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, thats crazy, I'll look for it too.

haha, yeah I had that picture back from October. I think that type of bus (her old one, 1392) is ugly and I just don't like it. I really like her current bus, I just think Internationals are nicer!

Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  5:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mtirv

quote:

No truth. Lots of drivers turn down upgrades...and some even turn down a new bus. Unless they're surveying it, you can keep it. The drivers behind them (in seniority) LOVE when this happens! LOL

And the kids hate it. MY driver turned down a new IC CE this year, my guess is that she's more comfterable driving transits... none of the kids liked that, but we did get an IC-RE that was driven by the driver who took the CE, so I'm happy enough.

But the kids of the driver that DID take the IC CE were happy, right?

What I meant by that statement is...new buses are assigned by seniority. If a driver turns down a new bus, it is then offered to the next driver down the seniority list....who would not have gotten the new bus if the senior driver had accepted it.

BTW, what kind of a nut would take a CE...new or not, over a RE?? LOL
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  6:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats what I was thinking, your driver was smart mtirv.

If I were a driver I would take one of our older IC REs over a brand new IC CE unless the RE didn't have A/C then I would be beside myself in confusion lol..... wait maybe I would just take the old RE... I just don't know. I am a transit fan though.

Go to Top of Page

Lena

United States
120 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  7:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to be content in a transit until a year and a half ago when I saw the Arlington accident and the one we had in Stafford and I decided I couldn't wait to get out of that windshield. I have to admit though, I love the way they drive, even this past summer I competed in a transit in the rodeo....won locally, placed 4th in state in the transit...but drive a conventional...

Go to Top of Page

Lena

United States
120 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  7:13:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That story about the 8-year old finally showed up at NBC's website, so I posted it under News.....if you haven't already heard about it...The scarey part is I had an 8-year old child just like that until just last week when I was told by the principal that his mother could no longer handle him and he went to live with his father in DC....I am very worried this could very well be the same child, it's unfortunate either way...you can't help but worry about the children.

Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  7:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, from what you tell me this kid's got some real problems! I will go over to the news section and read it.

As far as transits, we had a Special Ed Thomas Front Engine transit bus get hit by a Metro bus last year, both buses were destroyed, and I believe the driver was injured. I will look for it in the NBC archives but it was pretty bad from what it looked like. The other FCPS drivers on here would know way more than I do.

Go to Top of Page

Lena

United States
120 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  11:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where is everyone?

Go to Top of Page

bsaund09
Top Member

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  12:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Send bsaund09 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Cold week ahead how many buses will not start by Tuesday? You got to love those guys who get out there on those service trucks trying to crank those buses up one after another. Our buses are all over so it is a huge job getting them going.

keep those buses rolling
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/schoolbushistory
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  12:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

where is everyone?

As in Location??

I am in Oak Hill/Herndon Reston area, and I go to school in Vienna, which is like 10 miles from my house (like 35 mins of traffic LOL)

Go to Top of Page

bsaund09
Top Member

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  1:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Send bsaund09 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Chesapeake had a Bluebird Vision burn up in Sept. i wonder if they are replacing that bus # 72 with a new one. The Visions they have gotten are very nice from what i can tell most are 72 passangers I know they have quit buying the transits altogather. Suffolk has a new C2 that looks to be a 72 passanger also. They had an article about Chesapeake needing new buses really bad i guess they are getting some action there is a story you do not hear everyday.

keep those buses rolling
Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  2:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow Brian. So, is suffolk off of the Rear Engine bandwagon too? Sounds like with Virginia allowing the longer conventionals, alot of people are switching back!

Lena, I'm in Arlington County in the Ballston area, but I'm origonaly from Virginia Beach.

=
Go to Top of Page

Gini
Top Member

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  2:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Gini an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hi Lena- i'm in Ashburn, in Loudoun Co, a few miles N/W of Dulles airport. when i drove, i parked my bus in the town of Herndon. i'm from Fairfax Co, & went to the same HS as IC-RE!

1Peter 1:3
Go to Top of Page

bsaund09
Top Member

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  3:01:33 PM  Show Profile  Send bsaund09 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Suffolk i think is still getting the AA Bluebirds for how much longer i do not know. I noticed them taking trees out behind the Suffolk School Bus Garage you know if maybe they are building a new garage. I know their fleet has doubled since I first started driving.

keep those buses rolling
Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  3:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Brian, how many High Schools are out that way now? WHen i was in the area, it was just Nandsmond River, and whatever the one next to it is.

=
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  3:49:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have an update on the new bus garage being built at Loudoun's Leesburg Facility?
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  4:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IC RE 1629

Does anyone have an update on the new bus garage being built at Loudoun's Leesburg Facility?

Nope....but what's that place the are building next to WOX? The sign that was there before they started work said something about Transportation.

I wonder what they are going to do with 11 Oaks...I know an ALC driver who told me that ALC will be moved to Mountain View next school year. The long awaited razing of 11 Oaks must finally be going to happen....but what about the buses?
Go to Top of Page

bsaund09
Top Member

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  5:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Send bsaund09 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Suffolk has 3 high schools now they just open one a couple years back. Portsmouth no longer has buses parked off Fredrick Blvd. either not sure where they moved them to. Those buses would be there during the school year and then gone they must have housed about 30 buses there during the year.

keep those buses rolling
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  5:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connector buses, etc are going at that place next to WOX. No school buses as far I know.
Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  5:53:55 PM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That new place next to WOX is the new WMATA garage they are building. I diddnt know that the connector was also going to be a part of that, as it is not a part of WMATA. Maybe we are in for some changes with the mass transit in the area! The new location being built will house all of the metrobuses currently parked at the Ballston facility at the corner of N Quincy street and N Wilson BLVD. That location is shutting its doors, and the lot is being developed into a high-rise.

=
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2007 :  7:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WMATA...that's odd. The sign they had posted was one of those oval blue ones that the County usually posts to trumpet County projects. But I guess the County is a part of WMATA, eh?

Too bad it's not a greatly needed expansion of WOX!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 62 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000