Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

whe8913
Advanced Member

United States
301 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  7:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

At my school, many of our older buses have metal square frames screwed to the side of the bus near the door that have white plexi squares of different animal caricatures on them, to aid the children in identifying their bus. They are interchangeable if you loosen a screw and slide them out. They have a copyright date from the 70's and the logo "Aztec" on them. I was wondering if anyone on here knows if these are still produced and where could you check on getting some. My school hasn't put any new ones on the buses in at least 8 years, but I (and the kids) seem to like them.
Thanks!

P.S. Some of the animals we have are: boxing kangaroo holding a banana with a book in its pouch, a hippopotamous with a huge grin, a bumblebee with a book that has "A, BEE, C" on it, a brown hoot-owl in a graduation cap and gown, a bluejay carrying a book in its claws, a skunk with a sack lunch, a bear with a sack lunch, a green bookworm, and probably some others.

kyliesgranny

21 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  10:10:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The school where I drove a few years ago had magnetic animal signs. We just stuck them near the door above the bus number. They really did help the little ones find their bus. The only problem we ever had was when we had a sub driver with a sub bus occasionaly we would forget to put the sign on the sub bus. That would confuse the kids sometimes.
We had a butterfly, kangaroo, monkey, deer, alligator, octopus, and some other ones that I've forgotten. Oh yeah, I had the snake bus. The little boys thought it was cool, but some of the girls were afraid to get on, they wanted to go ride the butterfly bus!
Go to Top of Page

Bus9709
Top Member

USA
751 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2005 :  3:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bus9709's Homepage  Click to see Bus9709's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My district gives each bus a "color" for Elementry school runs. For example my bus is the "yellow" bus. What my driver does(and I don't know what the other ones do)is take a lamenated piece of yellow construction paper and stick it in the bottom right hand corner of the windsheild. it even says "(school name), yellow bus"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000