Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Freightliner heat/temp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wchbus

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  02:26:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit wchbus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, this is my first time posting but i've been reading your forum for a long time and have found it very helpful quite a few times.

One of our Freightliners, 2004 with a 3126 engine, will start blowing cold air and the temp gauge will shoot up to 250 with no warning. The driver says it doesn't smell hot and everything else runs normal. After a few minutes the gauge will come down and it will start blowing warm again. It seems to be random other than it does it alot after the bus has been running and gets shut down and restarted.

We've changed the regulators but I have never witnessed one of it's 'fits' in the shop.

Has anybody encountered this? I'm still really new at this and any suggestions you have would be great. Thanks! :)

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2005 :  07:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you may have some air in the coolant/heater system. I'd start with bleeding that.
Go to Top of Page

wchbus

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2005 :  02:14:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit wchbus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, I have that scheduled for today, we'll see how it goes....
Go to Top of Page

wchbus

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2005 :  01:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit wchbus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Turns out one or both of the regulators must have been sticking, no air in the system. I changed both regulators and so far no problems.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000