YES ZERO TOLERANCE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

erobtn

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2001 :  9:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a firm believer that any school bus driver who test positive for drug/acholol should be terminated. The risk of a driver backsliding is just to great. Driving a load school bus required complete and sound judgement and the ability to handle and watch 84 kids at one time in a limited space be the safest drive on the road and able to compensate for any driver who makes a mistake

eugenia roberson

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2001 :  3:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't agree more with your statement!

Good For You!

Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2001 :  05:26:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We are now tested annually, and in all the years I have been driving I have never come across a driver who has tested postitive for drug use, but I would say if any driver tested positive that it would result in automatic termination, and loss of CDL license.

86-A It will go in circles around your bus.
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2001 :  08:05:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I remember a few years back,when I used to see this driver all the time.And she would always say hello. Then I didn't see her anymore! A month or 2 went by and another drive said she had tested positive for drugs! Man that shocked me! Sometimes you just don't know who mite be using drugs and I don't want any child to ride on a bus that has a drive in this situation!

Edited by - busboy on 09/18/2001 08:06:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2001 :  09:36:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, but we will give them a second chance. They must voluntarily undergo treatment/rehab until completion. From that point they are tested many, many times without notice. Failure to comply, or a second positive test will bring a quick termination. We do try to "save 'em" at least once.
Joe

Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2001 :  11:51:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe zero tolerance is the best. Children are the most precious cargo, and you need to keep them safe.

"This post is deducated to my OLD bus #39. A 1997 GMC Blue Bird. New bus: 2001 Blue Bird All American FE #215."
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2001 :  2:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Joe,
You still give them a second chance!?
I guess we can all break down at times or have an addiction to something, but I think if a driver drives a School Bus they should know better and not have any second chances when it comes to Drugs!

Just my 2cents!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.73 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000