School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Interest
 Enter Forum: General Interest
 After looking at that bus, my kids are good!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  7:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After being behind bus 299, my Middle School kids are wonderful. That bus had kids jumping all over seats, in the isles, running back and forth, hanging out of seats (loading) and so forth. One of the kids said, Hey look at that bus, they are crazy, then I heard another kid say..our bus isn't like that..then someone else said thats because our bus driver has us under control.

It does feel nice when you can look at another bus with crazy kids, then i look back in my mirror and see them all sitting and being respectful. I think the splitting of the bus (having older in front younger in back) worked. I told them that they can move back, but using jk's advice, i told them that some will still remain up front. And when I said that, one girl said, Am i going to go back? I said only your attitude and behavoir on the bus will determin that. She's been good ever since.

Anyways, my kids aren't that bad when i look at other buses. It's nice when kids tell you "thanks for doing something about the bus and getting it in order, our last busdriver did nothing and let them do whatever they want"

Although my Middle School route isn't "perfect" it's 94 % better than day 1.

CountGirl
Top Member

USA
823 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  8:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome job AmTran. I wish I had a driver such as you this year...my driver has allowed many things to happen on Triplicate that I don't approve of (and I don't think Triplicate does either)...and I'm sure if you drove at my yard I might just give you the "Most Improved Chattering Cargo Load" award!!

Count

Give me a yellow object. Yes. Right now. I need my yellow chocolate, for goodness sake!
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2004 :  4:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Last year when I job shadowed the Transportation Supervisor in my county he said that the only good driver at my school is my bus driver. She had control of her bus. My driver now has control of his bus. I'm glad that I can look at another bus and say to myself, this bus is a lot more better than that bus.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000