"Where's my employee?"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  12:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What would you do if you found out one of your employees calls in and says they're too "sick", but they're really:

1. Partying in another city.
2. Stuck in the Airport.
3. Skipping work to have fun with friends.
4. Stuck in traffic and decide they were too late, so they just called in.

Then you find out they did one of those 4 things from over hearing it in conversation from other employees, you heard background noise on the phone, or any other things?

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 02/12/2004 10:11:53 PM

BPS_Driver
Advanced Member

USA
259 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  09:39:30 AM  Show Profile  Send BPS_Driver an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What would I do?
Check ym polciy that covers the attendace policy very well. Must be consistent with everyone- not just when short staffed. Also check into your legalities- you may be surprised what you can and cannot do. Once you find all this out you may want to change most of the way it's written. Also, have an attorney proof read any and all new policies to be sure what you are requiring is legal.

23 Million safe deliveries a day by all of us
Go to Top of Page

tomt

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2004 :  07:10:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have to be very cafeful to ensure that you only consider factual information. If you question whether the employee was sick or not, you might want to confront the employee just to let him/her know of your concern. One-on-one conversations always work best.
Go to Top of Page

rswboe
Top Member

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2004 :  11:57:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way to go Bob! Nice answer, you're all heart man, perfect managment material! Reminds me of the time I called in sick & ran into my boss on the Boardwalk at the Jersey Shore...OOPS...just a little awkward. We both had our kids with us, so we reached a comfortable agreement...

Live each like it's going to be your last, one day you'll be right!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000