Enter Forum: General Interest
 Crossover Mirrors
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MongoKen

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2001 :  08:49:07 AM  Show Profile  Send MongoKen an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Our buses are equipped with two cross-over mirrors (2 Dolly's). The new buses have the "Bus-Boy/Bananna" style mirror. What type of mirror do you prefer. I kinda like the dolly mirror because I can see the kids crossing and see the lights operating. We do not use the "flat style" mirror.

"Superior Buses..A Legend of the Past"

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2001 :  08:56:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's the Dolly Mirror look like?

"Bus 39--For Ever!"
Go to Top of Page

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2001 :  08:57:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ken,
We use the "double nickle" style side mirrors and the bus boy or dolly style crossover mirrors.(Both meet our specs.) We just ammended our spec to allow the left mirror to be mounted up close transit style while the right mirror must be viewed through the wiped portion of the right windshield. With this system we are insured that the driver can see all around and in front of the bus(with proper adjustment,of course).
Joe

Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2001 :  10:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We use the bus boy cross over mirrors, and I like them. Back when I started driving we had the old style cross over mirrors- two mirrors on each side. Then we switched all of our buses to the newer bus boy mirrors.

As for side mirrors we have 6.5 x 10 flat and 6.5 x10 convex on each side. On our Birds the drivers side is right up close(viewed through side window), and the right side comes out in front of the bus.

On our newer buses- the Thomas buses both the left and right side mirrors come out in front of the bus- I have this on my bus and I love it.

This newer system of mirrors sure does beat what we had 20 years ago. We had the old style cross over, and the old style side view- the side view was just one large mirror, and it was harder to see blind spots.

"Thomas Built Buses-The best buses on the Road."
Go to Top of Page

Thomas00
Top Member

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2001 :  12:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh that what they call it! The Thomas new mirrors style dolly's.We have those kind of mirrors on ours 99-01 newer Thomas.The 98 Thomas have the cat eyes mirrors.On our 00 newer Blue Bird have the cat eyes but it doesn't come out like old cat eyes mirrors.The Blue Bird mirrors come out upward.I like the new Blue Bird cat eyes mirrors better than the old cat eyes mirrors.

Thomas265
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000