New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coolbusdriver
Top Member

Canada
1509 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2002 :  09:37:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How many of you hand out small gifts or some kind of candy to the kids on your bus for Christmas?
If you do what do you give?

A smile a day....keeps the kids wondering what you are up to!

thomas91
Advanced Member

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2002 :  1:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I usually give out some sort of hard candy-Candy Canes, Sweet Tarts, Suckers, etc.

This helps prevent candy from getting squshed on the floor and making a mess that needs mopping/sanitizing. If a piece of hard candy gets dropped and crushed, it can be swept up.

Have a good Holiday Season

Edited by - thomas91 on 12/17/2002 1:03:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2002 :  2:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
my bus driver gives out half-dollar coins each year on the day before we get out for christmas break.

Go to Top of Page

Wolfman

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2002 :  4:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I give out candy bars or make small bags with different candy in them. The only thing that makes me sad is a lot of the kids don't even say thank you. But the best is the few that stops and say THANK YOU AND HAVE A MARRY CHRISTMAS.

Wolfman Howling Mostly at the kids!

Go to Top of Page

kd4jfd
Top Member

USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2002 :  5:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see kd4jfd's MSN Messenger address  Send kd4jfd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
For the last several years I have given bubble gum, but this year I am giving peppermints. I have put an equal number in ziplock bags, and will give them to the kids as they step off the bus.

349 - A repair work in progress!
Go to Top of Page

KMM
Advanced Member

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2002 :  06:53:24 AM  Show Profile  Send KMM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I usually give out assorted candys and chocolates at Christmas but this year I am giving out a card with a school bus pencil and school bus eraser top. They got candy for Halloween and will again for Easter so I figured I would try something different.

Buying for the children can be costly. I have 126 total students. It is worth it though.

By the way, let me speak from experience, give these gifts as they exit the bus going home or you will be cleaning your gifts up off of the floor!!!!! It never fails, they can be clean and neat all year but some of them just in spite of Christmas break, or a grudge, or just for the hell of it will mess that bus up!

Happy Holidays to all!

Edited by - kmm on 12/18/2002 06:57:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

MamaLoca
Advanced Member

USA
400 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2002 :  11:25:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit MamaLoca's Homepage  Send MamaLoca an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like to get little gifties for my little kids. I only have about 28 Primary Elementary kids. This year I was soo sick the last two days of school I didn't get to hand them out. I think I'll take them to them tomorrow.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
http://www.canandaiguaschools.org/bus/
Go to Top of Page

schoolbustrainer

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2002 :  10:01:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made snowman soup and gave it to each one as they got off the bus. To make the snowman soup. I put a pack of hot chocolate mix, 3 hersey kisses, 15 or so marsh mallows, and a candy cane, in a zip lock bag. Then attach this saying, Was told that you've been good this year, always glad to hear it. With freezing weather drawing near you'll need to warm the spirit. So here's a little snowman soup complete with stirring stick add hot water, sip it slow It's sure to do the trick.

For the other drivers, and attendents I made School bus driver (attendent) survival kits.

Go to Top of Page

coolbusdriver
Top Member

Canada
1509 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2002 :  3:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankyou for you replys...I now have some more good ideas for gifts.(love the snowman soup one!)
I drive a small wheelchair bus this year with only 6 passengers so I made them each a wooden fridge magnet that looks like our bus with thier name on it. They all liked that.
Hope you all had a great Christmas and have a happy new year too!

A smile a day....keeps the kids wondering what you are up to!
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
Advanced Member

USA
352 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2003 :  11:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message  Send Ricky a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When I was driving a school bus, I used to give the kids some sort of candy 2 or 3 times during the year, usually Halloween, Christmas, and Easter. They always appreciated it. I tried to vary the types of candy I gave so that they wouldn't always know what they were getting.

One year I gave candy to the students on the first day of school. I gave them a "Zero" candy bar and told each of them that that is how many times I wanted to have to turn them in for discipline that year, so be good.

Stephen R. Adamson (AmTran11)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000