2004 Thomas saftyliner
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
809 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2023 :  08:25:49 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The amber warning lights in the eight light system won't come on. I can't find a flasher unit. If I leave the door open and work the amber light button the reds won't come on Like other buses. So where would I start?

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2023 :  09:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is this a conventional or a transit bus? C2's use a magnetic sensor hose clamped to the air cylinder that can come loose and needs to be readjusted. We have no electric doors, so I cant help you there. Transit buses have a module 1000-2000 like the old yellow ones but long and black. The red's switch often goes bad in the transits. The ones with air doors also use the magnetic switch for door position.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
809 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2023 :  12:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It's transit
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2023 :  04:39:19 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
flasher unit is located in outside electrical compartment rearmost corner, it's black 2" wide 4" or so long connections out of the bottom. most likely buried under some wiring.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
809 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2023 :  08:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all it turned out to be a bad relay in the number 1 panel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000