Allison filter question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
809 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2022 :  2:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a filter warning on on the dash .This is a 2012 Bluebird All American with a Cummins I have tried to reset it with JPRO and the shift selector pattern and key on . It won't go away .I thought this had an external filter but can't find it . Is there one ? Mine were always on the transmission . Do I need to drop the pan to service that filter ? My boss said you almost need to remove the valve body .

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
809 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2022 :  2:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't believe nobody has an answer
Go to Top of Page

nquintrall

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2022 :  2:28:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ran into that on a 2014 Thomas with Cummins. My bus are equipped with the Allison 3000 transmissions and the filters are cartridge filters that go into the bottom of the transmission. There are 2 round caps with 6 bolts holding them. My problem wasn't that the filters needed serviced, but that there was a bad sensor in the transmission. We sent it out to an Allison dealer and had it replaced. The sensor was part of the internal harness and not serviced separately.

If it's important enough to tell me about, it's important enough to create an issue.
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2022 :  03:31:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is your transmission, 2000 or 3000? If it's a 3000, then nquintrall is correct. They are 15mm bolts and the torque spec on them is 38-45ft.lbs. They take synthetic fluid so we always just dropped the filters and topped off. The fluid, we were told, is a lifetime fluid. Never had any issues. They usually take about 2-3qts.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000