New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2022 :  06:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys i have a question i have this c2 that has a bad header so i did the hole tack to dealer and they shut system off because no headers are avalible my question is how long can it run like that its been three months and today i am getting alll lights on dash and they all are for def system i thought system was off so there shouldnt be any codes is this due to the bus never regens? i called dealer and the header is in they just forgot to let me no that but gonna put in today just wondering how long they can run with system off and will that cause damage to dpf

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
645 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2022 :  06:58:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no damage to DPF , the reprogramming should have put your EPA 10 back to an EPA 07 (just dpf) so it should have been performing regens just no def injection and no SCR inputs
DEF is also injected after the DPF and only reacts with the decomp tube and SCR so this should not cause issues with the DPF
never looked at the actual reprogramming for no header this is just a guess, can't see them doing a complete delete of all emissions, hippies would lose their mines, your dealer should be able to answer this though

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2022 :  07:39:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i talked to them there sending me the header and said put it in and then bring us the bus to reprogram and see if something else is going on and that what they did should cause a problem
Go to Top of Page

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2022 :  04:03:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know when we had our SCR program override, they told us to still fill the DEF tank with every fuel fill up. The temporary override will disable the DEF gauge, DEF heater circuit, and quality sensor from working, but the aftertreatment system still uses the DPF sensors and will still inject DEF into the system for regens.

Edited by - g0ttadrift on 05/17/2022 04:03:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2022 :  04:55:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmmm thats wierd they never told me that i havent put def in this bus for months but i will ask when they call its at dealer now getting system turned back on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000