1995 AARE Issues
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimzim66

8 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2020 :  06:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

I am the private owner of a 1995 Blue Bird All-American RE. It was donated to our historic bus organization here in NJ by the bus company who originally spec'd and purchased it. It needs some mechanical work, which I hope to get some help here. Three big questions I have now are:

1. My emergency doors are equipped with vandal locks, but I don't have the keys. I've contacted dealers' parts depts., but no one has responded. Does anyone know of any other outlets where I could obtain the keys for the vandal lock?

2. My air-powered outward-opening entrance door has a sliding bolt style lock on it at well, but is missing parts, namely the tumbler and other internal hardware to link the tumbler with the bolt. Does anyone know what part number this would be? Any manuals I look at don't seem to reference this type of lock.

3. Are there any reputable dealers who can get older wiring diagrams and other documentation? Any dealer I try and contact has yet to get back to me.

My AARE's body number is F112041 and has the 8.3L Cummins.

I appreciate any help anyone can give!

rushb1

1 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2020 :  12:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit rushb1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If the key is the tumbler barrell style on r.e.d. use BBird #02072494'
For entry door:01789882 LOCK ASSY,SECURITY,O/O DOOR W/OUT KEY.
00848747 KEY,LL-25,LOCKING COMPARTMENTS.
Go to Top of Page

jimzim66

8 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2020 :  5:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you! Looks like the tumbler key is a bit hard to find but I'll go on the hunt for it. Thanks for the help!

1995 Blue Bird All-American RE
Affiliated of the Friends of NJ Transportation Heritage Center
Go to Top of Page

jimzim66

8 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2020 :  5:16:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking in later model parts manuals, which have the same type of lock, and can't find any type of installation instructions. Does anyone have any advice for installation?

1995 Blue Bird All-American RE
Affiliated of the Friends of NJ Transportation Heritage Center
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000