New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2020 :  10:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a 2015 c2 cummins 6.7 allison 2000 trans the bus giving me a code for frequent regen i pulled the ege tube off the cooler and the cooler was clogged i pulled the egr pressure sensor and the ports where clogge i removed cooler sent out to get cleaned i cleaned out the ege ports i put new egr pressure sensor on because it to had alot of buiold up on it i also sent out the dpf and scr to get cleaned put all back together and its been on road a few weeks o forgot i also replaced the dpf pressure sensor i came bace friday with codes and no power codes where frequent regent and i believe dpf soot level modurate sever i did a regen on it took for a ride got two blocks and the light was back on sayin it needs regen i did a scr test everything passed but it says scr failed does that mean i need new scr???

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2020 :  12:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had one that did this a year or so ago. The DPF was cracked and they replaced it under warranty. Common symptom with that is frequent regen codes. I would bet they didn't catch the cracked DPF during the cleaning, which is what happened with us.
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2020 :  02:35:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will it complete a stationary regen ? and clear codes then if you take it
on a test drive while logging with insite does the soot level climb extremely fast
what other codes
1.egr eff. code,2. egr temp. code,3. excessive regens if these are the codes then the egr delta-p ports are still clogged
a cracked DPF will not give you codes for EGR
did you have a code for the SCR, if there is an issue before the scr then it will fail, everything has to be working for everything to pass

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2020 :  05:11:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes it will complete a stationary regen i dont remember the egr codes it had originally once i cleaned out the ports they didnt come back only thing that came back and right away was dpf soot level moderate severe and it came back right away i got like two blocks and i just did a regen i will takeforride and monitor to see if soot level climbs
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2020 :  05:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've gotten the ports mixed up before:) with the DPF delta-p and it will cause this condition also
did you perform the DPF reset and stuff with insite

Edited by - Bluenozer on 02/25/2020 05:47:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

headwrench

2 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2020 :  06:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit headwrench's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I went through the same drill with a 2012 BB Vision. If you verify the DPF is not cracked Check with Cummins there is a TRP for the SCR. they replaced the entire SCR unit at no charge
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2020 :  12:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what do u mean u got them mixed up??? and i check with cummins and thisone is not covered i had a few that ewhere but this one no i havent had a chance to take it out and check to see if soot load climbs fast will do tomarrow
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2020 :  02:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ripped it off and part came in two days later (DPF delta-p sensor) crawled under neth and put it on and put the rubber tubes on wrong ports of the sensor , it caused it to need a regen before I reached the shop
after cleaning the DPF you should reset them using INSITE

Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2020 :  12:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i did reset the dpf maintance i took it out foralong ride today and everything looked great at first the nox sensor where reading unstable but it ran good got about 2 miles out and the nox started reading stable and again it ran great now i did nothing so i no its not fixed like i said the dpf scr and egr cooler where sent out to be cleaned andthey didnt say anything looked wrong with them soi am puzzled y its failing the scr test
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2020 :  02:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EDs tech told me that the scr test is not 100%, had a bunch fail that test sent them out never had an issue on road , bu the nox read fine during test lol

Go to Top of Page

woodster67

5 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2020 :  11:58:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit woodster67's Homepage  Reply with Quote
check with your dealer give them your vin# your scr might be covered and can be replaced no charge.I have had several replaced dating back to 2011 only had to pay for hook up charge. if it has a 3512 code don't clear it their are some other codes can't remember the numbers of top of my head let your dealer know they should be able to look it up
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1325 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2020 :  04:14:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i sent the vin to dealer its not covered i i took out the dpf pressure sensor made sure hoses where cleaer and ports in dpf where clear did another regen and no lights came on its been on road for few days and no problems YET so will see

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 03/06/2020 08:10:55 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000