New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  3:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, I have an interesting one here. In the 26 years I've been working on these things, I've not seen this. On occasions, you can pushe the 8way start switch and nothing happens. Keep pushing and nothing. Wait a few and everything works as designed. I'm in Illinois so When you push the button the weldon unit tells the amber lights to flash. When you open the door, the reds come on. Then when you close the door, the reds go off. There's a master switch and a momentary start switch. I have changed both of these and also the door switch. The last thing I changed was the weldon. Replaced it with a new unit.
Any ideas are appreciated.

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  04:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Assuming all the connections are tight, make triple sure you have a good ground for the Weldon 7000. Those can do some mighty strange things when the ground isn't good.

They will still function in the absence of ground by taking ground through whatever lamp(s) aren't lit at any given time, but they can act weird.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  07:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

Assuming all the connections are tight, make triple sure you have a good ground for the Weldon 7000. Those can do some mighty strange things when the ground isn't good.

They will still function in the absence of ground by taking ground through whatever lamp(s) aren't lit at any given time, but they can act weird.

I'm thinking it's a ground as well.
Thanks!!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  2:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update: I finally got it to mess up for me. I have been driving a country route that doesn't have any highway stops, so I drove this bus. It worked for like the first two stops and then was off and on after that. finally it wouldn't come on at all. With the help of Jon at Central States (over the phone) I found a short in the stop arm heater that is on the same circuit. It was going all the way back to the GM side of the circuit where it was tripping a breaker every 2 or 3 seconds.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000