Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2010-12 IC bus will not regen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

albarbosa

6 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2019 :  2:24:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit albarbosa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How do I force a 2010-2012 IC 77 passenger bus to regen? The bus will not send fuel to the ATF after treatment doser. As a result, the bus keeps falling into limp home mode.

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2019 :  02:57:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
v8 or inline 6 engine?
no other cel on for other engine faults?
have you removed the injector and check it

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2019 :  06:05:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by albarbosa

How do I force a 2010-2012 IC 77 passenger bus to regen? The bus will not send fuel to the ATF after treatment doser. As a result, the bus keeps falling into limp home mode.

I don't think it matters which engine it has, if it's not sending fuel to the dosing valve, you will not be able to do a forced regen. You have to fix the issue with the dosing valve first.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

albarbosa

6 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2019 :  06:06:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit albarbosa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The engine is an inline 6 with fault codes for the regeneration. The mechanic removed the doser / injector, cleaned it , reinstalled and still having issues. We ordered another DPF for the bus.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2019 :  07:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What regen codes is it logging? It is probably not allowing regen to happen if the codes stored are for AFT system. could be temp sensor codes and I believe pressure diff codes will shut down regen, probably a bunch of different codes for that matter.. then after problem goes unresolved for a while, it will do exactly what your saying above... plug up and not run...

I would make sure I fixed the fault codes if you haven't already... , before I spent money on new parts or you will be having same issues again in a short time... just my 2 cents
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2019 :  09:02:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I checked the aftertreatment manuals for both (V8 and I6) and they differ in trouble shooting
Fuel feeds to that block from the fuel chamber in manifold(unlike V8) so without being there fuel should be at block just not injecting
what does your two fuel pressure sensors read in that block, blow air through line from injector to block was it clear?
will it build pressure during the aft fuel tests , and of course when the injector was out you performed the injector test as per NEDS?
CEl must be for the fuel block or are codes for DPF sensors ?
Is it getting to the proper temperature - so it would try to inject?

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years

Edited by - Bluenozer on 12/16/2019 10:26:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

HeavyDuty

1 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2019 :  12:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bus has been repaired. The temperature sensors for the dpf were replaced and now temperatures read correct which allowed fuel to be injected.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000