No heat 2002 TC 2000
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
814 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  08:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am trying to get some info or see if anyone else has had this issue . Driver says there is some heat coming out of the back heater . In fact he tells me sometimes there is low heat and then it will come on strong and then there is low heat . He has tried messing with the switches and it will work great and then go back down on heat . The engine is at around 190 .Anybody ever run across tis and if so what did you do ?

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  09:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the booster pump running? Are the heater valves opened all the way? Is there a blockage in the hoses? You can find that the a temperature gun. When is the last time the systems was flushed? Is there air in the system? Was maintenance recently performed on any part of the heating and cooling system? Is the thermostat opening?

Those are the basics to troubleshoot that issue.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
650 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  11:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like air in system , pull the cap and stand on it for 2 minutes, should purge out , or it might have a bleeder at the highest point of coolant system

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  11:24:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just for fun I'd like to mention that I have a 2002 TC who's air compressor popped and it was pumping air into the coolant system. Took us a while to find...and it started EXACTLY like this.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
814 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  12:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I did replace the water pump but I was told this was going on since then . I am going to have to check some of these ideas out . Thanks guys
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000