New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2019 :  11:08:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i put pads and rotors on this bus hydro brakes 6.7 cummins engine i put front pads and rotors on and when on route the oil came out of the front caps they melted and all oil came out got it towed had to put all new bearings races caps i set the bearings putnthe oil level correct took it for test drive and it did it again but this time i noticed the rotors where blueish so i had someone step on brake then release and it to along time before the front calipers released i thought i read here somewhere when that happens the buster is the problem is that correct

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  03:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
make sure your calipers slide back and forth on the bracket, the adjuster mechanism inside the caliper could be broken if over-torqued causing one piston to be tight and the other ok.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  05:16:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i talked to the guy from thomas who does our warrenty work he said to put calipers on it and that didnt fix it so i sent it to thomas ans there gonna reinburce us for the calipers and fix it under warrenty so will see what happens he said it could be an abs pump problem

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 08/07/2019 05:17:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Gearbox

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  08:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Gearbox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Was there an issue before brake replacement or just time for brakes, driver write up etc. ?
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  10:13:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it was time for brake replacement but the driver was complaining she smells something burning and there was oil on the wheel
Go to Top of Page

Gearbox

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  2:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Gearbox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds like an existing problem, will be interesting to see what the diagnosis is.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  12:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this bus has been at dealer for few weeks now they called today and said there is a problem with the abs pump there still workin on the problem so i am thinkin another couple weeks they always take for ever uuuggggg
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000