Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Fuel rail voltage ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

khpayne

13 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2019 :  10:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit khpayne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I need your help with a voltage issue , I'm putting a Cummins 6.7 in a short bus. I have reached the point where I test drove the bus. upon reaching 25 mph the motor shut down. no response to foot pedal . when it had dropped to roughly 15mph it started responding and picking up speed . when it reached 25 it shut down again. This happened every time. This is the first Red Power Cummins motor swap I've ever done. I have been told it is a voltage issue with the fuel rail. I'm lost. electrical is not my strong point. if any of you have experienced this please tell me what you did and how to fix it.

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2019 :  10:24:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So its a CM2250 or CM2350 engine

fuel rail pressure sensor has a 5volt reference form pin 31 of the engine harness connector
using INSITE it is the sensor supply 6
the return uses pin 21 of the same connector known as sensor return 6
this sensor doesn't care what speed you go
maybe you have issue with pedal wiring itself
now the pedal has two voltages to it both 5volts but one is sensor supply 4 and sensor supply 5 , now supply 5 also feeds 4 other sensors an issue with one of those other sensors could cause the TPS to fail
(remote throttle,engine coolant level,fan speed and the delta p sensor on the dpf)
all sensor supplies you can monitor with INSITE

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

khpayne

13 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2019 :  09:09:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit khpayne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thank you for your information , ill let you know how it turns out
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2019 :  11:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you doing a swap (taking out a Cummins 6.7 and installing another Cummins 6.7,) or an upgrade (swapping the Cummins 6.7 in for an inferior engine)?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000