Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2006 C2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HolidayBus

12 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  09:36:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit HolidayBus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, I have a 2006 Saf-T-Liner C2. It is currently in the shop right now with the front fenders off. While we were taking the fenders off one of the mechanics unplugged the cables to the driver side fuse box that sits on the fender. Before this happened the bus would turn on and work fine the only thing that was wrong was the breaks would hang up and it would not move. After he unplugged those cables we plugged them back in and now the bus will not start. All the accessories will turn on but it won't do anything after that. I will add it does have a light on that says "Range Inhibitor" any ideas on what we did? Or anything to fix this problem? Also anything for the breaks? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
807 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  09:40:26 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like something going on with the transmission circuit . Will it turn over ? I had some issues the same and I would only get a click like it was in gear . Had a bad fuse for the computer .
Go to Top of Page

HolidayBus

12 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  09:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit HolidayBus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No it will not turn over. When you turn the key all you hear is a click and then nothing else after that.
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
807 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  09:45:08 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Then transmission . It acts like it's in gear . Do you have the lever or the key pad ?
Go to Top of Page

HolidayBus

12 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  09:47:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit HolidayBus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have the lever. Where would the fuse be located for that computer?
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
807 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  09:50:50 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
On the IC's it's in the battery box . It's hard to tell with the lever . Do you have Allison software ? That will tell you if the transmission has power or not .
Go to Top of Page

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2017 :  4:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd check the mega fuses, either sitting in a pack on top of the batteries (older C2's) or mounted on the back side of the batt box (newer C2's) I had one of the larger gauge red cables rub on the mount for the inner fender and blow the fuse

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000