Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 06 Vision Stalling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2015 :  5:13:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have an 06 vision with a C7 Cat that has an issue with stalling. When it stalls it is just like you turned the key off, the headlights will stay on but everything else goes off and the park brake light will flash if the brake is not set just like you turned the key off. If you wait two to three minutes everything will come back on and it will start and run fine. It might stall three times on a route but then it will run for weeks without having a problem. It doesn't seem to matter if its on a rough road or not, the last time it stalled he was sitting in line to get fuel. It will only do it for the driver, I can never get it to do it for me. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I'm not sure where to start. Thanks!

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2015 :  08:43:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check you connectors on the front of the CVC controller, black box at the bottom right corner behind the access cover next to the throttle pedal.
I have has issues with a few 06's in the past that the connecter vibrates and looses connection while driving.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2015 :  10:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check your ignition relay down there by the multiplex. Had one last year that did the same thing, replaced that relay and its been fine since.
Go to Top of Page

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2015 :  6:45:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tips. Could the master relay in the side panel cause this? Ive had to replace several of those relays on our Micro Birds but they cause different problems when they go bad because of the way they are wired. Thanks for all the help!
Go to Top of Page

jerickson@wayne.k12.ga.us

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2015 :  04:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit jerickson@wayne.k12.ga.us's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Ron, I have dealt with several of these and the connectors to the multiplex or the power connector to the multiplex box is loose. I have used wire cable ties wrapped around the multiplex box and connector to keep them tight.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2015 :  05:36:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The relays in the side panel are body only.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2015 :  10:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats what I was thinking, just wanted to double check. The connectors on the multiplex box have been zip tied since this bus was a year old. Our rough roads did a number to them connectors. This bus is exceptionally rough riding as it is a short wheelbase 47 pass bus. I've got a new issue now besides randomly dying, it will only crank if you have your foot on the brake. Could my problems be the starter and ignition relays above the multiplex panel? Whats strange to me is that the thing will run with the ignition relay removed. I think i'm going to keep my old GMC B7's on the road as long as I can. It's really sad that my oldest buses are more reliable than all my newer ones! Thanks for all the help!
Go to Top of Page

Cal Mc
Advanced Member

303 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2015 :  06:48:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cal Mc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have had a number of multiplex failures on our 07/08 vision buses. Hit and miss no starts, shut downs, failing lights. It is sad to see these buses sitting in the yard as spares and the 02 GM/Cat buses on the road daily.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000