Atlantic Express
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr. bluebird

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2013 :  05:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is very sad to hear that Atlantic Express is going to close up by the end of the year I hope someone saves this great company . what do you think will happen?

Edited by - Mr. bluebird on 12/08/2013 05:39:03 AM

Former School Bus M8

143 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2013 :  1:56:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loved working for Atlantic Express! I ended up going someplace else though cause the commute was too long when I moved. Still, on occasion I would do charter trips for them. I have know idea what's going to happen but like you hope someone will save them too.

School Bus M8
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2013 :  3:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw that a few weeks ago. They just had a story in SBF about the founder retiring. I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

RichBusman
Advanced Member

453 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2013 :  4:46:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bus contracts being bid for the first time since 1979 had a lot to do with this. The union not reorganizing contracts didn't help either.

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/Channel/Management-Training/News/2013/11/12/NYC-New-school-bus-contracts-to-save-210-million.aspx
Go to Top of Page

Mr. bluebird

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2013 :  09:03:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Your very correct on that Rich it's to bad it had to happen like this .
quote:
Originally posted by RichBusman

Bus contracts being bid for the first time since 1979 had a lot to do with this. The union not reorganizing contracts didn't help either.

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/Channel/Management-Training/News/2013/11/12/NYC-New-school-bus-contracts-to-save-210-million.aspx

"YOUR Childs Safety is Our Business"
Go to Top of Page

tiny tim

2 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2013 :  05:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit tiny tim's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All I can say is I am glad they are done. I feel sorry for the people out of work due to this. AE bought where I worked at the time (Camp Baumman Buses on long island) and it was a nightmare. So I am happy to see AE going down.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2013 :  11:34:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this just a northeastern "I'm better than you" attitude you all are talking about or what's up with all this?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000