Fuel Filter Light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rockbus

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2013 :  7:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 3,2005 IC DT466 EGR Engines, Fuel filter light always coming on. Replaced filter and fuel pump, I even changed primer pump and pressure regulator. Fuel pressure is 50-55 psi. Has anyone had this issue, and what did you find works!

willism
Advanced Member

United States
250 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2013 :  04:21:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit willism's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Most the time the fuel pressure regulator is the issue ive found but if you have a heater on the bottom cover check that sometimes you get a pinhole in the plastic by the plug.
Go to Top of Page

bbassett

7 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2013 :  07:29:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit bbassett's Homepage  Reply with Quote

What brand of filters do you use? we use hastings and are having the same problem. i am thinking about changing brands.
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2013 :  12:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you done any diagnostics on the sender that's on the backside of the filter assembly? We occasionally have had one of those out of range. P/N 1839415C91 used for EOP and EFP.

Edited by - Mechan1c on 11/14/2013 3:14:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

bbassett

7 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2013 :  06:03:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit bbassett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No i haven't checked that yet, we have about 4 buses with the same problem and our admin wanbts us to install a racor filter but there isn't a proper way to splice the suction line that i have found. I've changed everything else on the fuel system on a couple of the buses also. I will check the sensor today on oneof them and see what i find.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

rcbusman

21 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2013 :  09:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit rcbusman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our international dealer suggusted we let them reprogram our busses to set fuel filter changes to 999,999 miles between changes which we will never see
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000