New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  5:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to get everyones opinion on my "wonderful" (sarcastically) bus driver.

My bus driver is a true baby. He CRAVES discipline. He makes children move their seats just for talking to each other... and a few other things. I just have a few things to say............

Today... a very nice child, was forced to move from the window part of the seat, to the aisle part of the seat... so a child who "misbehaves" could sit next to the window. This child was mad, since he is heavy, and is more comfy in the window seat. Eventually, he did move, but he called the driver "smelly." Well, my oh my, did my driver FLIP! He started telling the kid the following:

"Who stinks???"
"Not me... 'eh (name)."
"You STINK!!!"
"You STINK!!!"
"Everyone complains that you stink so much!!!"
-and it keeps on going on-

-then, later...-

"The reason why I'm always late is because I'm busy taking a bath, religously"
(repeats religously 5 times)

Now, more problems. This afternoon, the same child had to sit on the outside, so, he did, even though he doesn't have much room. The child put his hand on the opposing seat, because there was a curvy section of road. Well, again... he started telling him that he wasn't seated properly, and that he'd fall, even though he was on the seat. Then I started giving my bus driver a lecture on compartmentalization (hehehe... can't spell ). Finally, the bus monitor laughed a bit, and brought the child to sit with her. Then my bus driver said "Good... you need a babysitter." Then the child said "No you do," and the driver laughed himself off.

Yesterday afternoon, the stupidest thing happened... he overshot a stop. I had to tell him that he missed and he jammed on those brakes, with cars behind us, and no ambers...

what else?

hmm... oh yeah...

Last Friday... someone in our bus yelled "slow down, you're going to fast." Then the person in the front yelled "he's going 45." So I sprang into action and yelled out to the "smelly" child "he should slow down... what if he had to jam on the brakes." Then my good old driver said "Oh shut up, your opinion isn't important, you talk to much, just shut up."

hehehe... that's a day in a life of bus 345.

This post is dedicated to Lucy... my former bus driver who is deceased.
Please visit my school bus site:
www.schoolbuslinks.cjb.net
-or-
http://museummiddle.tripod.com

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2002 :  9:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why don't you tell someone in a position to do something about it, rather than making a pointless post?

If you do take that route, be sure to get some documentation/witnesses (like other kids on the bus that he's yelled at for stupid crap)

Superior--built tough, built to last!
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2002 :  12:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I have... so much. It doesn't get me anywhere.

This post is dedicated to Lucy... my former bus driver who is deceased.
Please visit my school bus site:
www.schoolbuslinks.cjb.net
-or-
http://museummiddle.tripod.com
Go to Top of Page

KrazeeGoose

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2002 :  5:14:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't you say you had a bus monitor on with you?

Why doesn't this person tell the driver to stuff it?

I would never tolerate any driver in school district talking to their kids that way. As a side note, I reprimanded my father-in-law for telling his kids to shut the he** up. It was verbal instead of written because they really deserved it. But, no matter what---no swearing on the school bus.

What's yellow, 39 feet long and
flies low to the ground?

My #9 Blue Bird/International

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000