04 ic ce200 t444 oil leak
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mark g

16 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  2:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello wise men
i have an oil leak on my 04 ce 200 with the t444 engine. its looks like its coming from under the power steering?( has ps hoses running in and out of it) pump mounted in the center of the engine just above the water pump and next to the fuel filter housing. oil is pooling in the valley underneath and running out the back. anybody have any ideas? thanks. mark

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  3:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its common for the high pressure line fitting to blow the orings or one of the plugs on the back of the pump .
Go to Top of Page

mark g

16 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  5:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, so i pull the hpop off, and i find one o ring thats looks bad(pinched)in the only plug on the bottom side , put a new one in, trying not to over tighten the bolt. replace the base gasket with the 22 dollar new one from the dealer, put it all back together, watch the engine run for thirty minutes, and notice that its still leaking, though not as bad. what else can it be? its coming from underneath the hpop. what did i miss? thanks. mark. btw, this bus only has 71k, and 2100 hrs. we bought it new.

hutto,tx

Edited by - mark g on 06/14/2013 5:24:41 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000