New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2012 :  12:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any experience with a 2550 Allison (either positive or negative) with a park pawl. Seems odd to count on a park pawl to hold a school bus.

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  1:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't want to make a new topic for this. Admin posted this link over in the equipment section: http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/Channel/Bus-Maintenance/News/2012/02/02/Allison-Transmission-offers-new-model-for-school-buses.aspx

Would you guys trust your big bus to a park pawl alone? I don't think I would, I mean, if a car or pickup can be so hard to shift out of park when the pawl is loaded, what is an full size bus going to be like?!?
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  04:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Most of the park pawl applications were in ambulances the drivers were not used to pulling a hand brake button out to set brakes. When the unit is put in park the parking brake is automaticaly set.The unit is then pulled from park and then the brake is released.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000