New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2011 :  2:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am workin on a 99 3800 school bus with a 444e i just replaced and injector cause it was bad the bus has no power and the boost pressure under load is only about 2% does anyone no where the boost sensor is the turbo is only a month old so i no that is good i am thinkin the boost sensor might be bad

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 10/26/2011 2:33:42 PM

stovebolt

37 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2011 :  06:48:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit stovebolt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
is your ebp flapper working correctly? Wire it open and take it for a test drive, you might be surprised.
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1326 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2011 :  5:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how would u do that is not the ebp run by oil pressure?
Go to Top of Page

stovebolt

37 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2011 :  06:26:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit stovebolt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a four inch rod between the actuator on the turbo base, and the flapper in the exhaust outlet. Un-clip the rod from the exhaust end and you can wire it open. I like to use the handy engine lifting eye at the rear of the engine to wire to. I secretly think that is why navistar put that lifting eye there for.
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2011 :  6:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Disabling the ebp device is not a good idea. If your in a cold climate and idle a lot chances are good you will bend pushrods from sticking valves in the guides. Thats why the devices became standard and not an option after the first year.
You should check for leaks in the turbo pipes if your not getting boost. Also if you had the intake piping off for the injectors make sure the seals are in the center manifold tubes . the orange boots might have slipped off the tubes as well.
Go to Top of Page

stovebolt

37 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  12:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit stovebolt's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I only suggest it as a diagnostic tool
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000