CE300 Warranties
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

306 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  08:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The older of my two CE's has a couple of dash lights on that relate to the anti lock/traction control system. Both busses need a trip to the shop for AFC G-10914 (150 mile round trip!! Ugh!!)and some other small issues so I wanted to know if the anti-lock/traction control system is still under warranty before they try and stick me for the repairs needed. Had this issue once with a Cat engine that dropped a valve at 65k. Cat didnt know that a bus and a fire truck have a different engine warranty than the other equiptment their engines are in.

Whats the length/mileage of the factory warranty? My warranty card is about as clear as mud.

Thanks all!! Hope everyone has a wonderful and restfull Christmas break!! I know I am more than ready for a couple hours off.

JRob
Advanced Member

207 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  09:52:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit JRob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can google the IC warranty doc yourself but it looks as though general brake components are 1Yr/Unlimited miles. Chassis mounted electrical is the same.
Go to Top of Page

eicsbus

Canada
126 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  2:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I.C. BUSES HAVE A WARRANTY???LOL

I.C. NO FUTURE

formally ,,,,wright11
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  4:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We buy the extended warranty. I think it's worth it.

We are in a very close relationship with our local Navistar dealership (12 miles away) and they warrantee everything I throw at them.

Heh, their service manager has even called me for advice.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.

Edited by - IBTMech on 12/17/2010 5:19:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  6:20:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I swear that before much longer (if not already and you just can't hear it over the engine), every IC and Thomas bus will say upon startup "Driving voids my warranty, have a nice life!".
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  04:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have Hyd. Brakes? There are some issues which Meritor is extending coverage for certain specific codes way out.
Go to Top of Page

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

306 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  06:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bassman

Do you have Hyd. Brakes? There are some issues which Meritor is extending coverage for certain specific codes way out.

Yes, its hydraulic brakes. Do you know the specific codes off the top of your head? I'll dig and see what I can turn up. The bus displays on the dash "ABS MODULE",a yellow triangle, TRAC CTRL and (ABS). I also have a weepy water pump, and a left front hub seal leaking.

We will see what I can get fixed under warranty. Bet I just get the required AFC.

Thanks all!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2010 :  08:18:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IC Buses with the full power brake system that throw a "low pressure gradient" code or a "low pump monitor voltage code" are getting some extra attention. If unsure, call Meritor's service line. I think it is 1-866-668-7221. The deal for us has been that we take it to our IH dealer. They pull the codes and file a claim with Meritor. For the above codes, Meritor has been providing a new HCU assembly and shipping it next day to the dealer. I pay the labor on the job. This is only for like 6 different codes...the above mentioned ones being some of them. This doesn't apply to individual wheel issues which is what it sounds like you have. The above codes usually are accompanied by a "Service P" light. If it's a wheel code, performance friction rotors are really great.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000