School Bus Equipment
 Enter Forum: School Bus Equipment
 Anyone using 2in1 mobile Video Survelliance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

roadman

4 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  10:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit roadman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, I hear their is a couple of manufactuers offering 2in1 mobile video survelliance solutions on the market i.e Safety Vision is one of them, its a camera unit that points out the front window, and also down the interior of the bus, video is recorded on a SD card so no moving parts, plus the unit needs no installation costs as you can fix it to the windshield directly yourself, and move it to other buses in the fleet if needed. I understand they are a fraction of the cost of a standard DVR and camera system, just wondered if anyone is using them and what they think?

Edited by - roadman on 03/22/2010 4:16:44 PM

RichBusman
Advanced Member

453 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2010 :  4:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sold a couple of units to a school district, they purchased the Rosco DualVision system. So far, they are very happy with the system.

http://roscovision.com/Categories-Products.aspx?Category=14d5b3d2-1182-4a77-aaa4-2900d7d7178a

Visibility to back of the bus isn't as good as a traditional camera, since it is lower and has a wide angle lens. But you get a great view of the whole front of the bus including stepwell and driver, and great visibility of the road. Also has an event marker button if there is an incident on the bus.

You can get them for as low as high 500s/low 600s if you look around and shop at different dealers.
Go to Top of Page

IT_WIZ_KID

4 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  09:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit IT_WIZ_KID's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its a nice concept, but I found 3 major issues:

1. Neither camera gives me the actual picture angle that would be acceptable
2. Very limited or No Night Vision Technology
3. Limited storage space for recording.

I am using the Solid state system offered by Pro-Vision inc. They have an options for interior, exterior cameras. They also have a very nice windshield forward facing camera. If your looking for a great solution, I would advise you take a look. www.provsnusa.com
Go to Top of Page

manputer

12 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  9:15:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit manputer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would suggest an after market IR led cluster. Check the internet for one. Make sure your cameras are B@W or low light first. Make sure you fuse or regulate your IR cluster too unless that DVR has a power output... most do.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000