Bus diagnostic software needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LPRESTON

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  07:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are needing to purchase the following: Any help on where we can find this would be most helpful. We are running into dead ends through the dealers.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOFTWARE TO PUT ON A LAP TOP. WE ARE WANTING IT TO BE ABLE TO READ ACTIVE AND INACTIVE CODES AND GIVE US THE CAPABILITY OF CLEARING THEM OUT. WE ARE WANTING THE BODY SIDE ALSO, THAT CONTAINS THE WIRING (ELECTRICAL) ASPECT. WE NEED ALL THE USB CORDS TO HOOK THEM UP AS WELL. WE NEED THE CAPABILTY TO READ WHAT IS WRONG IF ANY ENGINE LIGHTS COME ON OR THE BUS IS FAILING.

WE NEED SOFTWARE FOR 5.9 AND 6.7 CUMMINS, 900 MERCEDES, 3126 C7 CAT, INTERNATIONAL ENGINES ARE MAXX 47, VT 365, DT 360, DT466E AND DT408 AND THE OBD II FOR LIGHT TRUCKS.

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  09:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check snap-on or dieselsolutions .com

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

turbine

United States
49 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  09:35:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mrs Preston, Cummins offers a software program called Insite for the engine systems International offers Service assistant software that covers most all of there engine systems. Allison transmissions has Allison Doc service tool, Meritor/Wabco has ToolBox program for ABS problems. You can get the Bendix software for free on ther website. Any full service school bus dealership can order these programs and cords through there parts departments.If they don't want to you can go to the websites and purchase it directley.
I have found that The best way to ensure I am getting the correct software for my equipment is to write into my new bus bid specfications that the bid winner must supply the correct, engine / transmission / body and brake system ABS software and all required cables and manuals with the awarded new vehicles.
Please don't take this wrong but I am guessing that you have mechanics at you location to use the software to help them trouble shoot and diagnose problems. Because if you just want to reset engine lights you might not be helping yourself in the long run.

Hope this helps
Turbine
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  10:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Turbine did not mention Cat but it is the same story with them. The Cat dealer in your area should be able to help you get set up. I don't want this to sound bad but you do know that you are talking a few thousand dollars to cover everything you mentioned don't you?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  11:37:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, don't expect the loading/set up process to be easy. It takes me a ton of time to get everything loaded and working properly before handing it over to the mechanics to use. In all instances, you must work with technical support to get your authorization codes and frequently must call for technical support on issues regarding loading and setting up each software. I did a spreadsheet with a shortcut on the desktop that lists each equipment type we have and which software/interface to use with each system on each vehicle. (But my mechanics still get confused regularly). You may also find that after you research it and buy what you think is the best USB adaptor, that it doesn't work with each type of software and you have to but ANOTHER $800.00 adaptor. I'm not trying to scare you....just describing my experience each time I go through this. Also, make sure your laptop is Windows XP and pretty new because reloading all this software once you get it working is something you will NOT want to go through in the immediate future. Also, dedicate this laptop for mechanics only as they seem to suffer abuse in their working environment.
Go to Top of Page

LPRESTON

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  04:32:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by turbine

Hi Mrs Preston, Cummins offers a software program called Insite for the engine systems International offers Service assistant software that covers most all of there engine systems. Allison transmissions has Allison Doc service tool, Meritor/Wabco has ToolBox program for ABS problems. You can get the Bendix software for free on ther website. Any full service school bus dealership can order these programs and cords through there parts departments.If they don't want to you can go to the websites and purchase it directley.
I have found that The best way to ensure I am getting the correct software for my equipment is to write into my new bus bid specfications that the bid winner must supply the correct, engine / transmission / body and brake system ABS software and all required cables and manuals with the awarded new vehicles.
Please don't take this wrong but I am guessing that you have mechanics at you location to use the software to help them trouble shoot and diagnose problems. Because if you just want to reset engine lights you might not be helping yourself in the long run.

Hope this helps
Turbine

Go to Top of Page

LPRESTON

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  04:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help. We do have the mechanics to do the work and they are wanting the diagnostic equipment to handle our own work. We will be including it in the future with our specs while purchasing buses.
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  06:03:33 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You will not be able to clear all trouble codes. Some have to be cleared by the OEM.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page

ModMech
Top Member

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  5:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit ModMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To my knowledge, there are no codes that need to be cleared by the OEM with the *possible* exception of Level 4 DPF plugging codes. If you drive it to that point, it has to go to the dealer any way.

If you want customer service, you NEED an International!
Go to Top of Page

telefono

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  1:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit telefono's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am working at IndyGo Indianapolis Public Transport. We have everything we need to diagnos equipment. Cummins Insite, International MAXX and MD, Allison DOC, Meritor Wabco and Kibus (wiring diagnostics). We just recently purchased all this and established an elaborate training program and also implemented new processes and cost reduction has been amazing, if anyone is interested please write.
Michael
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  07:26:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Prolink Nexiq for diesels. Ethos for the gasoline. The Nexiq will do IC, MBE, CAT, Detroit, Allison, Meritor, Lots of options on J1939 and J1708.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000