New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

origcharger
Top Member

United States
619 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  6:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have 2 T444Es that occasionally will start then die after being shut down for 2-3 hours. Upon checking we find that the HPOP resevoir is empty, fill them up and they start and run fine. Let them sit over night after shutting them down and the resevoirs are still full of oil. My question is how common on these engines is it to have worn low pressure oil pump gears that lose their "prime" or cracked or leaking oil pickup tubes or seals? Or anyone else had this issue and what was the solution?

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  03:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It depends on the year. I don't have all the specific data but I had a few problems in this area. There is a check valve in the front cover that can go bad and cause your problem on some years and there are repair parts avail. On the older years, the most common problem is a worn housing at the pump gears I believe. My problem years were 1994-1996 as I remember. Sorry I can't remember more specifically, but we did run into both problems.
Go to Top of Page

ModMech
Top Member

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  7:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit ModMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cracked front cover, loose stand pipe or stuck check valve.

If you want customer service, you NEED an International!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000