New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2009 :  10:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im working on a 1991 Carpenter Chevrolet.

I need the brake hoses from the master cylinder and the ones that go to the front brake calipers. I called a chevy dealer, and the couldn't come up with the ones i need.

The master cylinder has steel lines that go into the proportioning valve, then the brake hoses come out of that.

If anyone has part numbers or a diagram or anything, it would help so much, because i have no other place to turn.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  06:24:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an old 1987 GMC for parts but I am not sure those parts from it would fit yours. If you can find out let me know. But then again you may not want to use used parts.

Bryan

Bryan

Edited by - bwest on 04/25/2009 06:25:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

wright11

Canada
159 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2009 :  07:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi there, those parts are still avail from gm, up in canada, i think your dealer is to lazy to try to find them, maybe try a different dealer.. the harder one to find is the one from the master,,,the wheel line are easily found, we keep a regular stock of them, our dealer has stock of them,,your dealer isnt looking very hard,,on monday i should be able to get you some part numbers

I'D WOULD RATHER BE CUMMIN THAN STROKIN ! ! ! !
I.C no future!!
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2009 :  7:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found the wheel lines at napa the other day, however they had no listing for the ones from the master cylinder.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Go to Top of Page

BusPartsMan

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  1:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The information we have is that these hoses have been discontinued by GM....However, we have one of each remaining in stock. Please contact me direct gking@busparts.com

BusPartsMan
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  06:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes they are discontinued. I got the last ones LOL.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  9:03:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you sure they are discontinued? I ordered from another GM dealer Monday, and they both came in today. I have the bus all done. I had a new back window cut, put on 4 new brake hoses, new calipers and pads, and front tires balanced. Took it on a test drive, and the clutch is slipping. So now the bus is going to sit on the lot for at least a month until I get some exhaust work done on some of the other buses.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2009 :  12:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baptistbusman

Are you sure they are discontinued? I ordered from another GM dealer Monday, and they both came in today. I have the bus all done. I had a new back window cut, put on 4 new brake hoses, new calipers and pads, and front tires balanced. Took it on a test drive, and the clutch is slipping. So now the bus is going to sit on the lot for at least a month until I get some exhaust work done on some of the other buses.

Would you mind sharing the part numbers? Maybe my parts man looked them up wrong. We got them from 2 different dealers who had to UPS them to us.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2009 :  3:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wolf0r

Would you mind sharing the part numbers? Maybe my parts man looked them up wrong. We got them from 2 different dealers who had to UPS them to us.

Sure, I should still have the bags they came in at the garage, i'll try to remember to get the number off them.

Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman
Advanced Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2009 :  2:39:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Part Numbers are 2049055 & 2049056

Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  08:19:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by baptistbusman

Part Numbers are 2049055 & 2049056

Thanks!

Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000