Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 9.0 international air compressor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

evanse

United States
6 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  5:24:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit evanse's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i am installing a 9.0 in a 1700 truck and have got it almost complete all i like is hooking up the air compressor the engine didnt have the compressor on it when i got it i found one image where i could see where to hook up the coolant lines but i couldnt see the oil supply line if anyone could remember of the top of there head or had a better picture i would be so greatfull if you would share the info ty evans

ModMech
Top Member

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  07:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit ModMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking at my 24 YO service manual....

It looks like the air compressor gets the oil supply from a "T" fitting above the front of the injection pump and draining into the RH head thru a 0.250" NPT port.

Ultimately, the supply comes from the front edge of the oil cooler/filter header up to the front center of the "V".

If you want customer service, you NEED an International!
Go to Top of Page

evanse

United States
6 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  08:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit evanse's Homepage  Reply with Quote
wow thank you so much i have been in lots of other forums trying to find out where to hook it up at but the only answer i could get was it would make a good boat anchor but the truck and motor was free so i would be dumb to not use it but anyway thank you again
Go to Top of Page

ModMech
Top Member

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  7:08:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit ModMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You are most welcome.

If you want customer service, you NEED an International!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000