Enter Forum: General Interest
 Laidlaw and IC vs. First Student and Thomas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PCW

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  9:37:11 PM  Show Profile  Send PCW an AOL message  Send PCW a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Prior to this aquisition, Laidlaw had a pretty good working relationship with IC Corp as did First Student with Thomas. Now that these two entities are now one in the same...which OEM do you think will get more of the school bus purchase business from First Student?

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  9:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First Student bought primarily Blue Birds until the early 2000s, then they experimented with Thomas around 03-05, and now they have been heavily involved with IC. Laidlaw on the other hand has been primarily AmTrash/International/IC since leaving Laidlaw in the 80s.

Laidlaw had inked a deal with Bird last year to purchase all Type Ds from Blue Bird, although now that First Student has taken over I'd imagine IC's will stand.

My vote is the "new" First Student will be IC and Collins as always. Perhaps a few exceptions, but I don't see them leaving the most inexpensive product on the road anytime soon.

Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  5:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I believe First Student will continue purchasing ICs, ICs, and more ICs. First Student mainly bought Thomases in 2003 and 2004.
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  5:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I would think since FS now has Allied bus sales they would be IC from now on.
Go to Top of Page

JC Theriault
Top Member

Canada
1326 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  6:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They also have Laidlaw's "Capital Bus Sales" in Canada as well.

JC
Go to Top of Page

PCW

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  12:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Send PCW an AOL message  Send PCW a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your responses. I will be moving over to First Student in January and I'll be sure to keep you posted of the vehicles, at least at my location, and will be posting quite a few pics on school bus central. Quite a mix of buses from what I understand.

Thanks everyone and Happy Holidays!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000