444 oil leaks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lobo69

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  05:39:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I run 7 444 and 2 of them leak oil. There is always oil laying in the galley of the engine which then lets it leak down back of engine. I have replaced gasket to high pressure oil pump and power steering. Still did not solve problem. No obvious leaks on lines or pump itself. Anyone had trouble with these making such a mess??

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2006 :  5:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Engine oil or fuel oil?

I've had to replace the fuel lines on our Rescue units.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.
Go to Top of Page

lobo69

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  03:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Engine oil

4-c2's. 08 & 06. 5-int 444e. 1 old faithful DT366
Go to Top of Page

contactbluebird

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  04:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit contactbluebird's Homepage  Click to see contactbluebird's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
We have replaced several O rings on the end of the high pressure lines the go to the high pressure oil rail.
Go to Top of Page

raytobe
Advanced Member

USA
293 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  4:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit raytobe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've replaced quite a few of those o-rings my self. I also found that I had to get special o-rings from the dealer to make them work on one side of the hose. For some reason I couldn't get anything else to work.
Go to Top of Page

ogre

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2006 :  09:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you checked the fuel pump seal. The pump is mounted in that valley. Also The back pressure valve is controled by oil pressure. Check that and the O-ring for the back pressure control valve mounted in the turbo base. Hope that helps

My Two Cents
Go to Top of Page

lobo69

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2006 :  8:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems to come from the front. Was wondering if the High pressure pump itself could leak?? Leaks 4OZ or so per day

4-c2's. 08 & 06. 5-int 444e. 1 old faithful DT366
Go to Top of Page

flyboy

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  11:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit flyboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've got a ton of 444's and we've had several leak oil out of the turbo base/exh backpressure device.Hard to see but it leaks and fills the valley with oil.Unfortunately the only fix is to replace the base assy.It's not repairable.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000