New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2001 :  4:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When the Blue Bird TC2000's Came out in 1987 I think it was what features was allowed on these buses? I heard that Tinted Windows was not an options or something. What were the standard things? What was added as years progress. I know that they did make ER TC's but now they only make FE. What else did they do? Do you think it was for the better?

My TC2000 That I want and rode had
Tinted Windows that did not last forever because kids picked it off. Air COndtion,5.9 Cumming Engine,Under Storage Compartment, Manunual Door. They put a new Cummins Engine in it beofe they put it up for sale.

Here are some pictures of 44 go to
wwww.geocities.com/bus44crazy/44

BlueBird44-"44 Best Bus EVER!"

Edited by - BlueBird44 on 12/14/2001 5:26:59 PM

Edited by - BlueBird44 on 12/14/2001 5:28:59 PM

BusDiva
Top Member

USA
609 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2001 :  1:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bluebird 44, clarify more what you mean.
Staste to state everyone has different standards. As far as customer spec's, you can pretty much get almost anythign you want . If they won't or you have suggestions, Bluebird has always been willing to listen to almost any request.

It's the little things that count
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2001 :  2:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about not being clear. Did Blue Bird not have the tinted window option when they came out? I noticed it was very rare to see a TC2000 with Tinted Windows. Also the changes they have made to the TC2000 over the years do you agree with or disagree with?Such as taking the black off the bottom and making it just yellow? Or the snub nose that they took away? Just making it to EF not ER? Those kind of changes?

BlueBird44-"44 Best Bus EVER!"
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2001 :  12:49:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I would imagine that if a district wanted to order a TC/2000 with tinted windows, then Blue Bird would be able to get them the desired option. Same goes for other options that were available to all school buses at that time.

My favorite style of the TC/2000 bus is the current style. I love it!! I couldn't be happier with the design than I am now. The first ones were ok, I didn't really care for the snub-nose all that much (but it was a unique feature), and after the early '90's models, I began taking a big interest in them.

I wish that they still made more of the TC/2000 RE's. I have seen a few of them and they look like really great buses. It's too bad they don't really make them anymore. But I can live with the All-American RE!!

Bob
(B. Busguy33)

"Blue Bird: Always flyin' high above the rest...
Blue Bird: One of America's Best!!! "
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2001 :  05:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I didn't think tinted windows was standard!

If you want to know what's standard and what's not, call or write your Blue Bird dealer for a spec sheet on this type of bus. This sheet will also have a sheet with.options as well.

Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2001 :  11:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
In addition to what Kevin suggested, you may also consider obtaining the "Options Sampler" brochure that covers all of Blue Bird's school bus product line. All of the options are NOT listed in it, but there are quite a few of them in there to look over.

You can contact your nearest Blue Bird dealer, or go to Blue Bird's official website at www.blue-bird.com to order one from them. I heard that they were going to be updating the Options Sampler brochure this fall.

Bob
(B. Busguy33)

"Blue Bird: Always flyin' high above the rest...
Blue Bird: One of America's Best!!! "
Go to Top of Page

Phil4747
Top Member

USA
695 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2001 :  2:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Phil4747 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you go to the website, http://www.blue-bird.com and click on GSA, you can find a slightly more detailed (but still not complete) list of options. I don't think it would be possible to list all of the options, there are literally thousands of them.

—Phil

"It's the same way some people are obsessed with cars. I'm just weird."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000