c300 wont start
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lovmybus

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2006 :  06:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a friend of mine has a new ic300 466,he fueled it this morning,bus ran fine for an hour,then a little rough at idle,but had plenty of power ,then shut it down,and now it just cranks and wont start...he is hoping it is just a fuel filter,hopefully wont have to be sent out on warantee repair...

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  4:08:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it's the starter? Be sure the connections are tight enough.

Edited by - B. Busguy33 on 03/22/2006 4:09:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  5:05:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by B. Busguy33

Maybe it's the starter? Be sure the connections are tight enough.

Well if it cranks over then it has nothing to do with the starter

Robert B.

Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  5:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well if it cranks over then it has nothing to do with the starter

Hmmm...

I know of a 2004 IC/CE-300 that has had starter issues a couple of times. When you tried starting the bus, the engine would turn over (crank), but it would not start. The engine sounded like it wanted to start, but it just wouldn't. Turns out the wires going to the starter were loose. Once the bolt on the starter was tightened, the bus started perfectly.

I certainly am no mechanic by any means. (I should probably have mentioned that in my first post.) However, in my first post, this is the problem I was thinking of when I was referring to the starter.
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2006 :  6:54:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I should have said. If the engine is cranking up to speed then its not the starter. If the starter isnt turning the engine over fast enough, then there is a starter or wireing problem
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000