New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  10:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was having a conversation with one of my co-workers, and that co-worker brought up some points to me, which were very (I would use the word shocking) but it's notthat shocking anymore. Is this where the school bus employment is heading Here are some noteworthy things of our phone conversation.

I am going to present the situation so anyone reading this gets the underlining point of the post. Please do not comment on the way the post is set up: Such as the names of the characters I use, that is not relevant. For privacy, etc, I obviously used fake aliases.
The route is Bus-Route USA-3283. The regular driver of Bus-Route USA-“3283” is (A)“Allanis”. The substitute driver is (B)“BellaBuma”.

Allanis of route 3283 is out due to an illness for one week. Substitute driver (BellaBuma) covers the route for that week. Parents find out that "BellaBuma" was playing Indian music on the bus. The kids on the bus told their parents that BellaBuma (the spare) was playing Indian music. BellaBuma is no longer allowed to substitute that route (route 3283) any longer. I don’t believe the orders were from the bus company, but those of the higher ups.

Bus driver A "Allanis" is back on the bus and finds out about the story and life goes on. Allanis is going to be out again for a day and tells the kids to "please do me a big favor and be on your best behavior for the substitute driver"

And to Allanis’ surprise, the kids (Grades 1-4) say to Allanis "We already had one bus driver fired because she played Indian music (they were talking about BellaBuma, the sub). They were proud of their actions, they knew they held the power, they knew their parents held the power. This is first grade through fourth grade.

How scary is that? BellaBuma was just yanked from the route. She wasn't fired, but the kids think and the parents think that they have such great control of who is behind the wheel of the bus....what is this job turning into? BellaBuma should have been informed from the people who pulled her from route 3283 that the parents do not want any music being played, BellaBuma should not have just been yanked from subbing the route, and the kids on the bus shouldn’t think they have such control nor should the parents.

So it goes like this: Kids or parents don't like one thing the bus driver does, and the parents will complain (from the simplest things) and off goes the bus driver.

Pathetic. I don't know the facts 100% I am just going on by what the regular bus driver, ( [bus driver A] Allanis (the regular driver of route 3283) told me.

Seems to me, pretty soon, they will be watching the way we sneeze, the way we cough, the way we talk, the way we walk, the way we eat (okay get the point)…Just don’t understand. Maybe I was not told the facts 130 % of what had happened, but I do know for a fact, that this was what was said by the kids "We already had one bus driver fired because she played Indian music.”

SafetyFirst

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  11:52:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree if this was the only reason the driver was pulled for the route then it was wrong to do so. I have seen this happen several times over the years for several different reasons.

One of the parents of a kid that rides the bus works for the school or is an administrator.

The school is of a particular religious faith.

The route is in an area that is made up a particular group.

The contract between the district and the bus provider states the district has the power to have a driver removed for any reason.

Whatever the true reason may be, religious, racial, social, or otherwise, it will usually be disguised as something else.

Learn to do it right. Picture yourself doing right. Practice doing right. Do it right.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusAngel

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  01:24:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusAngel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This goes on at our district too. They mask it by saying something else was the cause. Let's face it they do what they want.
Go to Top of Page

DigitalGimpling
Advanced Member

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  2:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit DigitalGimpling's Homepage  Send DigitalGimpling an AOL message  Send DigitalGimpling an ICQ Message  Click to see DigitalGimpling's MSN Messenger address  Send DigitalGimpling a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
... well, the guys down here don't know how to fix a power steering leak, but they know how to tell people like that to KISS THEIR ASS. Otherwise I would be off the route I am on. Why? Because I happen to be white.

They see me rollin' - They hatin'
Patrollin' and try'n to catch me ridin dirty
tryna catch me ridin dirty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000