Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Blue Bird Vision Creak
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

adonrich

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  06:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit adonrich's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I drive a new 2006 Blue Bird Vision. Great bus but has a loud creak in the right front where the floor meets the corner area forward of the steps. Constant and Really loud, wearing on the nerves. Anyone else with this same bus run into this?

JC Theriault
Top Member

Canada
1326 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  06:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it a snapping or screeching type of noise? Lighter metal on metal like heater housings are made out of will make a screeching sound if rubbing on each other while something flexing will usually make the snapping sound.

My solution - take a drive with a mechanic or coworker listening in the stepwell area to locate the noise. Or look underneath the parked bus in the area where the noise is coming from for obvious signs of metal movement.

The "drive" solution is what I always did when assigned a bus with rattles and squeaking seats/windows/ceiling panels. Get a coworker to work their way through the bus with a set of wrenches and screwdrivers as I drove down a dirt road full of ruts. By the end of the trip I had a nice quiet bus.

JC
Go to Top of Page

Thomasfan89
Top Member

USA
1155 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  2:30:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes I have!! A friend of mine (he's a TD) test drove a 2006 Vision and I rode along. There was some un-Godly creak from the same area you mentioned. We couldn't pinpoint it for the life of us. We even thought it was the door handle (manual door). Finally, we found it to be that little compartment on the right side of the bulkhead. Opened it up, and held it, and it stopped. I'm not a mechanic, so I have no clue what could remedy it. Hope this helps!
Greg
Go to Top of Page

2001bluebird

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2005 :  4:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also have a 2006 Vision on my route it doesn't creak. But the bus before last ( A 2001 BB/INTERNATIONAL) when it was new it took a few weeks of driving it to make it quit

PS In the same area if i understand where you are talking

quote:
Originally posted by adonrich

I drive a new 2006 Blue Bird Vision. Great bus but has a loud creak in the right front where the floor meets the corner area forward of the steps. Constant and Really loud, wearing on the nerves. Anyone else with this same bus run into this?

Blue Bird A True BLUE bus Manufacture Since 1927

Edited by - 2001bluebird on 10/19/2005 4:18:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

TC3000

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2005 :  2:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed a similar problem with a 2005 SBCV 3300 I rode last year. It sounded like it came from above the door.
Go to Top of Page

jmbluebird

United States
13 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  02:05:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My observations are to double check the body mounts and bushings at the driver and passenger side toebox where the mounting bolts come through the tie down bracket on the frame rails. Check to insure the rubber bushed mount and mount shaft is not hitting metal-on-metal. This can cause the severe squeak or noise in this area. If the bushing is worn-out of misaligned, then unbolt and remove the tiedown bracket(s), replace the bushing, and then realign the bracket and bushing centered around the threaded shaft.

The tiedown bracket is made with slots for minor positiong adjustments to insure proper alignment.

BB Quality Educator
Go to Top of Page

JC Theriault
Top Member

Canada
1326 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  10:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jmbluebird

My observations are to double check the body mounts and bushings at the driver and passenger side toebox where the mounting bolts come through the tie down bracket on the frame rails. Check to insure the rubber bushed mount and mount shaft is not hitting metal-on-metal. This can cause the severe squeak or noise in this area. If the bushing is worn-out of misaligned, then unbolt and remove the tiedown bracket(s), replace the bushing, and then realign the bracket and bushing centered around the threaded shaft.

The tiedown bracket is made with slots for minor positiong adjustments to insure proper alignment.

I'd hope he didn't wait two years to read your reply :)

JC
Go to Top of Page

cschmille

United States
45 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2007 :  5:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WE had one like that and they had to take it to a dealer to get it fixed. It turned out to be a motor mount next to firewall.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  08:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the visions squeek at the front 4 body mounts. The spring loaded ones, I usually lube up that area well. The washer creeks against the bolt, in severe cases where lube don't work I loosen and reposition the bolt.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page

IBTMech
Top Member

USA
973 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  4:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit IBTMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a few very creaky IH/Bluebirds, 04-06, air brakes + air suspension. We traced the creak to the forward rear spring mounts. Steel on plastic. Tried moly lube, silicone and fliud film. Quiets them down for a week or so...... They still creak.

I dunno what the answer is, but I enjoy listening to the drivers complain.

If it doesn't fit, FORCE it.
If it breaks, well, it needed replacing anyway.
Pullin' wrenches for 45 years.

Edited by - IBTMech on 11/21/2007 4:19:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

black

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  09:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit black's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Add a couple of washers to the body bolts in the cowl and re-tighten and it will go away!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000