Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Bus Camcorders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tomkracinovich

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  07:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit tomkracinovich's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We use the old Silent Witness camcorders and Silent Witness ( now Honeywell) has discontinued service on them. Does any one know of a source for part and accessories for the systems? Thanks for your help.

LPSMECH

90 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  6:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, I'm assuming that you have the VCR. What kind of problems are you having?

When I couldn't fix our vcr's in house I sent them to Buck's Wheel in Fort Worth, Texas. They in turn sent them to a repair shop.
Go to Top of Page

tomkracinovich

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  10:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit tomkracinovich's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our system uses camcorders (most if not all of them Panasonics) that have been modified to be always on. The biggest problem we are having is the battery pack/adaptor that is used to provide power from the bus to the camcorder. Several of these have broken beyond repair and/or disappeared. Without this adaptor, the camcorder is useless to us.

We also need more camcorders (our fleet is growing). We would be happy to buy new or used equipment and parts if they were available.

Thanks. Tom
Go to Top of Page

LPSMECH

90 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2005 :  6:23:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, my apologies, I had forgotten about those units. We only had a few that still worked when I started working on buses a few years ago.
They have bit the dust since.
Good luck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000