Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Bus will stall at low speed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2022 :  4:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello. I am working on an 04 IC RE DT530. The driver reports the bus stalls once or twice on her route when driving at low speed like coming up to a stop sign or in a parking lot. I changed the fuel filter and checked for codes. No codes. The bus starts right back up after stalling. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look? Thanks!

g0ttadrift
Advanced Member

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2022 :  04:48:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possibly a bad crank sensor? I've had that happen on Bluebirds. No codes, but the data wouldn't read correctly when you looked at it. Replaced the crank sensor and no more issues.
Go to Top of Page

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2022 :  08:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It has a camshaft position sensor but no crank sensor. I believe it does the same thing though.
Go to Top of Page

eddo
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2022 :  09:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep, start by replacing the cam/crankshaft sensor. I'd bet that solves your issues. I kept one in stock for my DT's (mine would a smidge older though- 998-02.)
They would cause this symptom, and quite often wouldn't have any DTC codes.

Edited by - eddo on 09/21/2022 09:08:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

mrpicky

123 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2022 :  07:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit mrpicky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I changed the cam sensor and it seems to have worked! Thanks for the advice!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000