2017 IC bus with a Cummins
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
807 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2018 :  11:08:46 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Okay I have tried for a long time to find the connector to plug my laptop in . We have had some issues and I tried the center of the dash and over the radio . I tried over the right side of the dash . I have never had this much trouble . The bus is CE 300 and a pic would be fantastic !!! Thanks

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2018 :  08:39:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do your buses run telematics devices? It's possible they tapped into the J1939 port and didn't install a splitter. I run a bus with telematics and they tap into the J1939 port.

Otherwise, it'll be round and green, way up under the dash, quite difficult to reach. If you run dash AC it's buried behind the hose. If you lay on your back on the landing and look up right around where the right side panel meets the main dash panel you should see it. It'll be facing downward as it's affixed to a metal bracket.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2018 :  02:44:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Kodie is onto something...look under the dash...do you see this: https://navistarservice.snapon.com/Shopping/Product.aspx?ProductNumber=4076805C1

If you have the driver complaining that the bus randomly beeps, you have it for sure!

It has a collar you can twist to unlock, then pull it off of the diagnostic port. You'll need the new style green connector (fits all makes) though...old style will not fit the new plugs.

Let us know if you can't find it and I'll see about getting a picture today.
Go to Top of Page

waverlybus

94 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2018 :  2:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The connector is under the dash just to the right of the radio, where the dash curves out for the angled switch panel. green connector as stated above. Impossible to see unless you lay on the floor and look up under there, and even at that its kind of hidden.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000