2008 IC CE Washer wiper
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trailboss

United States
196 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2016 :  07:03:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2008 IC CE when you push the button on the turn signal switch the washer fluid doesn't spray and the wiper doesn't cycle. I think it is a relay that is bad but can't find the relay. Does anyone else have any ideas.I have power to the washer pump and when I touch - side to ground the pump works and the wipers cycle.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2016 :  08:20:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That runs through the computer as well. I had a similar problem a year or so ago. I'm thinking it was a relay on the bar that is just in front of the cowl under the hood.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

torque
Advanced Member

Canada
358 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2016 :  08:57:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the side panel, the fuse/relay block to the left with the flip up lid (if it is still there), if you take the lid off you will see the decal telling you what the fuses and relays are for.
the 2 relays on the left are for the wipers, the one on the end is the wiper power.
But if the wipers work when you turn them on, just not when you push for wash, I would suspect the switch or wiring to the body controller.
Also since you say the washer works and the wipers cycle when you touch the ground wire at the pump, that tells me the positive side of the wiper system is good.
With your test light grounded, touch the wires on the back of the signal light switch, if the washers work and wipers cycle, you will know the circuit to the controller is good and the switch is bad.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2016 :  09:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pull the little rubber boot off of the base of the switch stalk to expose the wiring of the switch itself. One broken off where it goes into the switch body? I think it was white, but don't hold me to that.

The company I used to work for changed several switches on 4300 trucks for that failure (same switch). There was rarely enough wire left to fix the things.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000