87 Chevy B60 - Coolant Pipe under Grille
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  04:01:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Pros,
Quick question for you: My 87 Chevy tilt hood has a metal coolant pipe that goes from side to side - its positioned sort of under/ in front of the radiator and can be seen through the chevy grille. It seems to have developed a crack and is leaking. What would be the best way to fix this? Better yet, what is the function of this pipe? Could I cut it where its leaking and clamp an appropriate diameter hose?

Thanks.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  06:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have the room, a hose would work. If it's steel you could easily weld it. Or you could get a used one, I'm sure there are plenty out there if you know where to look. I've probably got one on an old 1987 GMC at my house if you run out of options. Incidentally I've got a steering wheel that I took off of it to sell and the ol' boy didn't take it so if you are in need of one it's in decent shape.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  06:48:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

If you have the room, a hose would work. If it's steel you could easily weld it. Or you could get a used one, I'm sure there are plenty out there if you know where to look. I've probably got one on an old 1987 GMC at my house if you run out of options. Incidentally I've got a steering wheel that I took off of it to sell and the ol' boy didn't take it so if you are in need of one it's in decent shape.

Bryan you are awesome. Can you send me a pic of the wheel? Mine is in good shape except it has one crack down the main hub.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  07:15:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can sent you a pic but mine has some cracks too. I think any used wheel will have some cracks. These are not bad but are there none the less.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  12:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bwest

I can sent you a pic but mine has some cracks too. I think any used wheel will have some cracks. These are not bad but are there none the less.

I see. Well, I may need to get that pipe from you though. I'll let ya know. Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaredg21/sets/
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  12:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can go to my photobucket page and see those pics. http://s627.photobucket.com/user/BryanWest/library/?view=recent&page=1

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000