New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bknebel

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2014 :  4:47:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I remember about 20 years ago seeing a bus at my high school... It was brought in by the company temporarily while one of our buses was in the shop.

I believe it was an International chassis, and the body manufacture I am not 100% certain of, but I believe that it was a Superior...

If I remember right it was a "Stub-Nosed" International (80's S-series hood) and the bus's wheel base was such that there was no rear over-hang, so the wheels were right at the back of the frame.

Am I remembering this correctly? I have searched EVERYWHERE online and cannot seem to find anything for a pciture or description.. Is my memory correct or am I imagining that a bus was made with the wheels right at the bumper/end of frame as well as International having a more "stub-nosed" version of the S-Series hood?

Please help my poor memory!

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2014 :  04:38:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something like this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Vista

http://www.papercraftsquare.com/thomas-vista-school-bus-free-paper-model-download.html

And here is a classic;

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/PhotoGallery/ImageViewer.aspx?id=45&curPage=17

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback

Edited by - Fastback on 04/04/2014 1:41:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

bknebel

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2014 :  4:24:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No It wasn't a Thomas Vista, I know what those are. This was a 1980's International hood (the more square S-Series) and it maybe wasn't a little bit shorter than normal, but appeared as such... There was no cab built over the hood at all like as the Vista.

I thought it was a Superior body.... and I thought i remembered that the wheel base extended all the way to the rear bumper, no skirting overhang or anything.

I have driven many buses over the years and never seen any like that one anywhere.... but I know I saw one! Anyone else have that problem? LOL
Go to Top of Page

C.HARDY
Advanced Member

354 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  5:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see C.HARDY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ward Patriot? or maybe the Delmar Keys in the 80s. Im not sure how to load pics on here

"Hardybusman"

Edited by - C.HARDY on 04/15/2014 5:38:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

bknebel

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2014 :  11:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it wasn't a Delmar Keyes, those buses stand out due to their distinct shape on the roof.

I am positive it was a pre-Delmar Superior, but then again, maybe it was another manufacturer? I do know that the bus I am attempting to remember had a long wheelbase, where there was no rear overhang, as the wheels were directly underneath the rear seats.

I have spent hours searching on Google both regular website searches as well as image searches and have found nothing.

Thanks for the attempts to help!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000