Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  07:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TWO UPDATED LINKS WED MAY 9. 2007
Click first link for video, second for story.

http://tbo.com/video/xml/MGBAU6GNG1F.html

http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGB6SOW4H1F.html

NOTE: If first link (video) does not work, click
then click on the video link in the story.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police: Mom makes girl fight on bus

She asks who hit her 9-year-old, then tells the girl, "Take care of your business."

By AMBER MOBLEY
Published March 3, 2007

TAMPA - Shayla Muldrow made her 9-year-old daughter fight on Friday morning, police say.

First, the mother barged onto a Hillsborough County school bus, wanting answers.

"Where's the girl who slapped my girl?" Muldrow demanded, her words captured on video as the bus driver called police.

A 10-year-old girl sitting in one of the seats raised a hand.

That girl told police that Muldrow then turned to her daughter and said, "Take off your jacket and take care of your business."

The video shows Muldrow's daughter punching the other girl with closed fists, said police spokeswoman Andrea Davis, though Muldrow's back blocks the camera's view during most of the fight.

Police did not release either girl's name.

Both girls attend Booker T. Washington Elementary School, said school district spokeswoman Linda Cobbe. The 10-year-old was in school on Friday. The 9-year-old, a third-grader, was not, Cobbe said. It's unclear whether the girls will face any disciplinary action, she said.

But Tampa police arrested Muldrow, 26, and charged her with battery, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and trespassing.

It was Muldrow's 15th arrest since 1996, according to Florida Department of Law Enforcement records. Her record, which includes some juvenile arrests, is peppered with aggravated battery, armed burglary and drug possession charges. While many of the charges were dismissed, including one for third-degree murder, she was sentenced to two months in jail for damage of property-criminal mischief in 2005.

Amber Mobley can be reached at amobley@sptimes.com or 813 269-5311. Abbie VanSickle can be reached at (813) 226-3373 or vansickle@sptimes.com.

© 2007 • All Rights Reserved • St. Petersburg Times
490 First Avenue South • St. Petersburg, FL 33701 • 727-893-8111
Contact the Times | Privacy Policy | Standard of Accuracy | Terms, Conditions & Copyright

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/03/03/Hillsborough/Police__Mom_makes_gir.shtml

Edited by - 80-RE4 on 05/09/2007 09:41:29 AM

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  08:16:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hopefully another school bus driver will not be blamed and fired for a criminal the courts have let run loose all this time and to teach her children to act the same. The adult nut cases we have to deal with sometimes helps escalate the so-called school bus shortage. Would hope that this time at least the court throws that nut in jail and takes her kids away from her. I do not like Foster Care but can accept it under these circumstances. (jk)

FREE School Bus Safety Ads & Photo Library
Post Check, Hostage Takeover, Bus Fire and special effects photos now available Free to use at websites, in newsletters, memos, the local press, letters to parents and more. This is a very popular Website. If you can't get in bookmark the page and try again later.

There is no school bus driver shortage!
Properly train, effective support and pay that retains.

Edited by - JK on 03/03/2007 08:20:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

william
Top Member

USA
1912 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  10:44:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see william's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks, James for saying exactly my sentiments. Accordingly, I have nothing further to say.

William
Go to Top of Page

bus917

United States
77 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  11:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, we were not taught on what to do if we had a nut case do this on one our routes. We have been told no parents allowed on the bus. does that mean I can shut the door on them, push or kick them ooff the bus?
Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  09:47:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
School Bus Video Shows Mother Directing Fight

By THOMAS W. KRAUSE The Tampa Tribune
Video Of The Incident
Published: May 9, 2007

Related Links:
Video Of The Incident

TAMPA - In a grainy black-and-white surveillance video, a woman walks onto a school bus and demands to see the girl who slapped her 9-year-old daughter.

A 10-year-old girl raised her hand.

Police say Shayla Muldrow, 26, looked at her daughter, told her to take off her jacket, then gave her an order.

"Go back there and handle your business," witnesses told police they heard Muldrow say.

Over the next several minutes of video, as the bus driver radios for help, hands and fists repeatedly fly. Muldrow, at first stands with one hand on her hip and a second hand points where the daughter can strike next.

At one point, Muldrow's other daughter joins the fray. Muldrow pulls her back.

Eventually, she and both daughters get off the bus. A melee among other children continues onboard.

The video became public record Tuesday. Muldrow's trial on two charges stemming from the incident is scheduled for May 21.

After the March 2 fight, Muldrow was charged with battery, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and trespassing on the bus. The battery charge was later dropped because Muldrow did not hit anyone. She could be incarcerated for up to a year on each of the other charges. If convicted and the judge orders the sentences to run back to back, she would do the time in state prison instead of the county jail.

Incarceration would not be new to Muldrow.

In 2004, she spent two months in jail after pleading no contest to a charge of criminal mischief with property damage. In 2005, she spent almost 90 days in jail after pleading no contest to charges of driving with a suspended license, altering a license plate and giving a false name to an officer.

The school bus incident appears to have followed an altercation between Muldrow's daughter and the victim a day or two earlier.

Bus driver Ronald E. Montgomery told police he stopped the bus March 2 near 25{+t}{+h} Street and 17{+t}{+h} Avenue. The bus was headed to Booker T. Washington Elementary School. Muldrow and her two daughters got onboard. She looked at Montgomery and asked him about a girl who may have slapped one of her daughters. Before Montgomery could answer, he told police, she turned her attention to the children on the bus.

Although Montgomery repeatedly told Muldrow to get off the bus, he told police, she would not leave. Montgomery called the dispatch center and asked for police help.

He watched as both of Muldrow's daughters threw fists. When they left the bus, he noticed they walked into a duplex on 17{+t}{+h} Street.

The 10-year-old victim told police that she and Muldrow's daughter had argued two days earlier and she "lightly" slapped the girl in the face. When Muldrow and her two daughters got on the bus, the victim told police, she admitted having hit the girl. Both of Muldrow's daughters began to hit her, according to police.

One daughter grabbed her hair and didn't let go until Muldrow began to leave the bus, police said.

Police and prosecutors have not identified the victim or Muldrow's daughters because they are minors.

Efforts to reach Muldrow by telephone and in person were unsuccessful.

Tribune researcher Catherine Hammer contributed to this report. Reporter Thomas W. Krause can be reached at
Go to Top of Page

guzaldo
Advanced Member

421 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  04:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This method is wrong and I don't in any condone it in any way.

It reminds me of when I was about the same age, I was being chased by the neighborhood bully, running into the house slamming and locking the door my father asked me what was wrong I told him James Jones was chasing me and I was afraid of him, well my father would have nothing to do with this and got out the boxing gloves, he invited James to box with me in the back yard, as a side note my brother and cousins who lived upstairs had been boxing with each other for some time as my father was an amature boxer who was coaching us. I knocked James around the yard until he said uncle, I learned a life lession from that incident that served me well through out my life, I am not saying this is right for everyone but bullies need to be put in their place BUT NOT ON A SCHOOL BUS.
Go to Top of Page

JC Theriault
Top Member

Canada
1326 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  2:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
guzaldo - Its nice to know that a kid on the bus is being labelled a bully by you. Just by watching the conduct of the mother its safe to say that the family has "issues". For one the mother should have her kids taken away and she deserves to be locked away in jair or more appropriately a psych ward. I bet her kids would benefit from some intense counselling sessions.

The issue this story brings to the forefront isn't the bullying between the kids but rather the conduct of what I'd call Psycho Mom by storming onto the bus and encouraging her kid to fight someone. Its events like this one that make me wish people had to pass a test to become parents. And make it a priveledge like the drivers license... screw up and you lose the priveledge.

JC
Go to Top of Page

william
Top Member

USA
1912 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2007 :  9:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Click to see william's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with JC. Given this misfit's record, the question for me would be why is she not behind bars? Parents like this have no respect for the law, other people or themselves.

Take her children away from her before they become the animal that she is. I did not see anyplace in any of the articles where bullying was charged. It seems to me this "lady" was the only bully on the bus.

It is my sincere hope that when this woman is found guilty, or when she pleads nolo contendere, the judge will have the spine to sentence her to hard time in the Florida State Penitentiary.

William

Edited by - william on 05/10/2007 9:14:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

bbird66
Top Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  06:50:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Better hope the judge will be ...African American, or..Al Sharpton, Jesse J will be there...I dont care what was on the video.....Ohhhh did I just type that?

Were gonna miss you "Brent"..Good luck in "Heidi land"

"I know you miss the Wainwrights Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people...and that's why we have wolves and other large predators" .. The Far Side

"On a two hour delay when will my child be picked up??"

Go to Top of Page

JC Theriault
Top Member

Canada
1326 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  09:52:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah you typed it and you are quite correct in doing so. I bet the race card gets played by that lady cause you know the white folks caused her to jump on the bus and pull the stunt she did. Its a joke when they try that line of defence.

JC
Go to Top of Page

william
Top Member

USA
1912 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  11:08:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see william's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have not been able to pull up the videos, although I've installed all the components necessary to play them. I wasn't sure of the race of these participants but, let me guess: the woman and her daughters were African-American, and the little girl being attacked was Caucasian.

No I'm not a rocket scientist, but after reading the preceding two postings, it just reaches out and grabs you.

William
Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  05:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
William, here are two more news sources that you might want to try. I suggest to watch them both just to see how some news stations can be so innacurate when reporting stories. In the first link below, the reporter states that the school bus driver did NOTHING to stop the fight, which is not true, the second video link gives a more accurate picture. Hopefully they work.

(this one is from CBS news,

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=11322

I wonder why the reporter made sure to note that the school bus driver did not jump in to stop the fight but FAILED to mention that the school bus driver DID call 911 and did demand the mother off of the bus, that's just poor reporting from CBS) When you get to this page, click the start button, you might have to do it two times, but it will or should work.

Here is another one from baynews9. (this one might take about 10-20 seconds to come up on the screen)

http://www.baynews9.com/VideoPlayer/?Bus_Fight_Video_58

Edited by - 80-RE4 on 05/13/2007 05:53:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

william
Top Member

USA
1912 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  11:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Click to see william's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks 80-RE4. I was able to view both videos. Now I wish I hadn't seen them, they both were so disgusting.

William
Go to Top of Page

news
Top Member

Canada
2951 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  03:56:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mother guilty in school bus fight

September 19, 2007 - St. Petersburg Times, FL

TAMPA -- ...six jurors filed into the courtroom after 90 minutes of deliberation and declared her guilty of misdemeanor charges of trespassing and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

full story

Go to Top of Page

news
Top Member

Canada
2951 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  4:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mother who boarded school bus sent to jail

Thursday, 20 Sep 2007 - MyFox Tampa Bay, FL

Muldrow, with a long series of arrests dating back to 1996, was sentenced to a year in county jail, followed by six months of probation and anger management classes. She also has to write a letter of apology to the bus driver.

full story

Go to Top of Page

william
Top Member

USA
1912 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  6:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Click to see william's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well at least she'll have a little time to reflect on her actions. Perhaps had she done some time before this incident it would not have happened. This person is a misfit in my opinion.

William
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000