New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  11:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you all have other hobbies? If so, please share them. For me, I am in to Telegrah Insulators, Biking, and NASCAR.

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  12:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am into Biking, working (I work at a preschool and a day camp) and just working with younger children in general. I tutor young children at a local elementary school after represented by my high school twice a week.
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  12:38:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Other hobbies after school buses include cooking, baseball (Yankees!!!), and driving... if you consider that a hobby.

Go to Top of Page

72Corsair
Top Member

USA
698 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  12:58:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Work, Biking, Tractors, Music, and Trucks.
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  3:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
After school buses it'd be playing games online, 4x4s, trucks, antique tractor pulls, and tractors.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

bluebirdfan
Advanced Member

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  3:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit bluebirdfan's Homepage  Send bluebirdfan an AOL message  Send bluebirdfan a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Air raid sirens. Thats about it.
Go to Top of Page

IC
Top Member

USA
3413 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  5:03:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Restoring vintage wooden boats, Harleys, and pickin the 5-string banjo.....hillbilly style. (Not necessarily in that order!)
Go to Top of Page

mlkdrives41
Top Member

USA
2055 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  5:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Knitting, biking, reading, spoiling the grandbaby.

Nothing great has ever been accomplished without enthusiasm!
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  8:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Other hobbies? Of course.

One of my more time-consuming interests is antique fire apparatus. It somewhat goes hand-in-hand with the school buses since I own both a 1969 Crown Supercoach and a 1967 Crown Firecoach. Then again, maybe I just have a thing for Crowns.
Go to Top of Page

CrownBus1
Top Member

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  9:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Music (I play clarinet and piano), aviation, hiking, and biking.

Bus 1
1985 Crown

Edited by - CrownBus1 on 06/01/2005 7:58:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

BusFreak
Top Member

USA
798 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2005 :  12:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Send BusFreak an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm a runner, and run Marathons all over the US. Other than that, I'm a musician. I'm a piano player, and a high brass player. Back in the day (wow I feel so old now) I marched in Drum and Bugle Corps...that was back in 97-2000. Ive marched with both the Cavaliers and the Cadets. Any other DCI fans here? Havn't missed finals since 97! Wow, doesnt it suck when age keeps you from doing something you love =) Other than those though, I dont have too many more hobbies, except for Sailing...I'm a bit too new with my career to own a boat, and a bit far from my kind of salt water, but I hope to get one of my dad's many Sail Boats one day. I've been sailing since I was in 3rd grade, when my dad and my brother built me my first boat...a small optimist meant for calm lake waters.

=
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2005 :  05:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Music, old trains, old cars, Computers, Computers, and computers lol.
~Jake~

Yellow & Black
A new forum community dedicated to school bus driving, operations, maintenance and enthusiasts!
Come join the discussion!
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2005 :  06:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
92WardSenatorFE reminded me of something. I am also in to trains. My mind must have missed that when I created this topic.

You can see some of my photos:
http://mmalsam.rrpicturearchives.net/

Click on one of the 4 links under the "new photo albums" heading on the far right of the page.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2005 :  07:07:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, IC RE 1629,

I got photos of trains too. Well, mine are the older types (steam) and some cabooses I found in a junkyard. If you wanna see the, email me:
Winxme@wmconnect.com

-Jake
Go to Top of Page

littlebit
Advanced Member

431 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2005 :  08:26:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My hobbies include Nascar, baseball and gardening. I currently grow over 300 named bearded irises and I am planning on adding more this fall.

Bus 34
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2005 :  08:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IC RE 1629

92WardSenatorFE reminded me of something. I am also in to trains.

I'm not much into freight trains, but I do like passenger trains. I actually just got off of Amtrak's train # 4, the Southwest Chief, yesterday. If I have the time, that's the way I prefer to travel. In California, about the only way I get from Los Angeles County down to the North County area and back is by the Pacific Surfliner.

I collect the Athearn P40/P42 scale models—although I haven't bought a new one in a while. I also collect their F59PHI models. I used to take pictures, but I haven't taken any in a long time.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2005 :  10:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also enjoy looking at photos of ship wrecks.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasfan89
Top Member

USA
1155 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2005 :  12:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I am a drummer. I LOVE playing my drums, and any percussion instrument. I am in marching band, and the school's Wind Ensemble. FOr concert season I uaually Play Tympani (kettle drums), but other than that is it the drum set and snare for marching season. Some of my other hobbies are trains, cars, fire trucks. I lenjoy watching a good baseball game, even though my team kinda ***** right now (GO INDIANS!) I love to work on my car (98 Mercury Mystique LS). Oh yea, there is collecting diecast scale models, which can get expensive.
Greg
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  10:17:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BusKid, I love those F59PHI locomotives. Here in Northern Virginia, we have a passenger rail service called Virginia Railway Express (VRE). They have leased two trainsets which include two F59PHI locomotives and 12 bi-level cars made by the french rail company Bombardier. Here is a link to a good photo of one of the trainsets:
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=105307
and also:
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=105308
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  10:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone here collect insulators? I am a member of three insulator clubs:
Chesapeake Bay Insulator Club:
http://www.insulators.com/clubs/cbic/
National Insulator Association:
http://www.nia.org/
ICON:
http://www.insulators.com/icon/
Go to Top of Page

72Corsair
Top Member

USA
698 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  10:22:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do any of you guys like the old steam locomotives? One used to run by my house once a week but it was retired I guess.
Go to Top of Page

Busdude3
Top Member

USA
1178 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  5:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Busdude3 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My other hobbies include:

Running - I love running. I have been running since around 2000. I have done cross country and track all through out middle school and am doing them both all through out high school. Road races are another thing I do.

Music - I play the trombone in concert band. In seventh grade I went into jazz band, which I still do. In eighth grade, I joined the orchestra winds section. In high school, I'm doing marching and concert band.

Cars - I've loved cars just as long as buses. I collect books, literature, and occasionally, toy cars.

I also love playing other sports such as basketball and baseball in my free time just for the fun of it.

Edited by - Busdude3 on 06/01/2005 5:08:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  02:05:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
72Corsair, My younger brother really likes steam locomtives.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  04:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alex, I sorta like steam trains. I go tons of photos of them. I'll email some to you later.

~JaKe~
Go to Top of Page

Ricky
Advanced Member

USA
352 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  04:46:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Ricky an AOL message  Send Ricky a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Busfreak,

My cousin marched with the Cavaliers around the same time that you marched. E-mail me: amtran11@aol.com and I'll give you more info.

Other hobbies I have other than buses include working out, playing tennis (although I'm not good at it) and writing.

(AmTran11)
Go to Top of Page

Peter
Top Member

USA
1057 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  8:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Running, golf, playing the guitar, fishing, camping, frisbee golf, ultimate frisbee, photography, biking, walkin' my wiener dog and undoing all of the "improvements" that my home's previous owner made.

Spicer is nicer.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2005 :  10:25:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Photography, not just school buses and other buses. I also take or try to take artisitc pictures of other stuff also. I just bought a new camera too.

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4547 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2005 :  6:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mlkdrives41

spoiling the grandbaby.

Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2005 :  08:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My other big hobby besides school buses is collecting traffic signals and road signs. I can't say which hobby I like more; I think it's about equal. I shift my focus every now and then between the 2 hobbies so I don't get burned out on one. Of course judging by how much I like them, I don't see how that can be possible

Due to the current economic condition, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  11:38:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alot of you mention biking. What kind of bike do you all own?

I have a Specialized Crossroads (hybrid bike)
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2005 :  1:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a Giant hybrid bike (it isn't Giant, that is the nsame of the brand) It is 29 in i believe
Go to Top of Page

IC RE 1629
Top Member

United States
5097 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  3:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I went out to buy my bike, I tried the Giant equivalent of the Crossroads. It was pretty nice, though I kinda liked the Specialized better.

My dad used to have a Specialized Crossroads, like I have. Though sadly about 4-5 years ago I wrecked it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000