New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BusBoy 1
Advanced Member

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  7:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a couple of buses that no matter what you do to them the brakes will squeal HYD disc by the way. the one I drive on my route . I leave the school I go about 14 miles to the next little town that forteen miles is highway half ways and then gravel a ways with a few turns so I am using the brakes a lot when I get into town it's almost embarrasing to drive Starts Squealing on or off the brakes somtimes.
I have gotten little stones between the roter and the backing plate before that makes a really bad squeal. But this other squeal only happens on two of are buses and none of the others all the buses use the same brake pads. Hope someone has a helpful tip THANKS!!

bob_at18

10 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  8:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could be the pads you are using. What kind of bus, a mini or full size? I know on the minis I work on a little squeak once and a while is normal for us, just because of the weight/heat/time on the road. Some of the busses are on the road for two 8 hour shifts and can really cause a ware on the brakes. Could be the type of pad you are using, I know if you use a semi-metillac pad it will squeal much more then the new type of ceramic pads. You might ask the mechanics to try another brand of pad and see if that makes a difference, such as a ceramic. I know we used to use a cheaper pad then the ones we use now, and you can definitely tell the difference.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

bbird66
Top Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2004 :  09:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take the pads out and spray some Permatex anti squeal on the backs of them, It should do the trick.

Were gonna miss you "Brent"..Good luck in "Heidi land"

"I know you miss the Wainwrights Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people...and that's why we have wolves and other large predators" .. The Far Side

"On a two hour delay when will my child be picked up??"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000