Summertime Routes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FirstStudentKid

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  4:26:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During summertime, how many routes do you have? Are most if not all of them related to special education? If so, when do they end or are they for the entire summer?

When there is a very small number of routes such as under 3-5, does management still need to be present for support services? (At First Student, someone from management must be present whenever at least one bus is driving an official route/charter.) Does management get bored when they have to come in for very few buses? Or does management like the rest and time to catch up before fall?

Thanks for your input and comments on this topic.

BusBoy 1
Advanced Member

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  7:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At our school we have football,volleyball and basketball camps that buses go to we have a baseball leage and swimming lesson for about 3 weeks ending tommorow actually. After that the summer is Quite slow other then fixing,maintance and cleaning buses.
As far as management I am the transportation mgr/mechanic/superviser/and even drive a bus route so sometimes in the summer I drive to some of these events. So as far as a mgr being there I,m either on the bus or in the shop or in my office.
Go to Top of Page

dmoney127
Advanced Member

USA
253 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2004 :  8:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Send dmoney127 an AOL message  Send dmoney127 an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
We have about 30 routes, plus various trips. Pretty much all of our supervisors and support staff work, except for our clerical support person. They use all summer to get unburied, as does the shop. The only time it gets boring is in the late afternoon, especially on days where not so many routes are out.
Go to Top of Page

BusDriver5308

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2004 :  5:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit BusDriver5308's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have trips and some summer school, our transportation only shuts down for Christmas and Thanksgiving.

Jason
Driver of Bus 39 & Coach USA
Check out my website at:http://www.geocities.com/busdriver5308/SchoolBus.html
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2004 :  7:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've driven two trips this summer, we don't have any regular routes running.

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.
Go to Top of Page

UncleNeal

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  08:27:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In our District, the summer session is actually more busy than the regular school year. All of our summer routes are special needs routes because fewer schools are open but more students are transported to schools other than their own "home school." It is hard to catch up during the summer months on all the things that don't get done during the year. Every summer is different, but this has been the norm for the past few years. So basically, our entire staff remains the same for the summer.
Go to Top of Page

mlkdrives41
Top Member

USA
2055 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  3:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nine, yes and I don't know I am not there this summer.

Nothing great has ever been accomplished without enthusiasm!
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2004 :  09:58:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This summer we have 50 buses on the road. This is all for students who need some extra help passing the state test and also some schools are piggy backing grant programs onto our buses.

IC-The Golden Shield of School Transportation
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.88 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000