Enter Forum: General Interest
 YOU ARE GONNA LOVE THIS...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

charwood

12 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2004 :  9:08:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I HAD TO GO TO COURT TODAY TO TESTIFY IN A CASE OF A GUY RUNNING MY RED LIGHTS AND STOP ARM. THE GUY PLEADED NOT GUILTY. THE PROSECUTOR CALLED ME UP TO THE STAND TO TESTIFY FIRST AND THEN THE HIGHWAY PATROLMAN WAS CALLED AND GAVE HIS TESTIMONY. NEITHER OF US WAS ASKED ANY QUESTIONS BY THE DEFENSE. THE PROSECUTOR RESTED HIS CASE. THEN THE JUDGE ASKED THE DEFENDANT THE BASIS FOR HIS PLEA. HE SAID THAT HE PLEADED NOT GUILTY BY REASON OF MENTAL ANGUISH. THE JUDGE SAID "WHAT YOU ARE BASICALLY PLEADING IS TEMPORARY INSANITY." THE DEFENDANT AGREED. HE SAID THAT HE HAD BEEN HAVING A VERY DEPRESSING DAY THAT DAY AND THAT HE HAD BEEN TAKING DRUGS (PRESCRIPTION) FOR HIS DEPRESSION. THE JUDGE FOUND HIM GUILTY...THEY WERE STILL TALKING ABOUT THE GUY DRIVING WHILE ON DRUGS WHEN I LEFT.

littlebit
Advanced Member

431 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  07:33:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have only been to court once for a guy running my reds. I had seen this man many times going to his car. He always walked with a cane and I had also noticed that one of his arms just didn't look right.
The day that he came to court, my boss and I were sitting there waiting for the man to show up. Of course my boss is asking me Is that the man everytime someone new walked in the courtroom. Well when I finally saw him come in I wanted to sink down in my seat!! He had an artifical leg and arm and he had left them both at home that day! Guess he thought his being disabled would help sway the judge. But it didn't. I told what happened and then they asked the man his side of the story. First he said I didn't know any schoolbuses ran in that area. Then a little later, he turned to me and said "There are 2 that come in the complex which one Did I run??. He didn't know of any and then he knew of 2 The judge caught his slip up also.

Bus 34
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2004 :  11:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I loved to read that. Atleast people are getting what they deserved for running stop signs.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000